@Riot Greedy Starks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimlock444

11-03-2011

When I play Shyv I find that Starks has all the stats I want except for cdr, but in almost all my games there are 2-3 people on my team who just gain no benefit from it. At this point I would rather pay the gold for extra stats than the aura. Is there any way we could get an item along these lines after you finish with the B.F.F. Sword and the Hextech Bazooka

Vuther

11-03-2011

That extra one person still makes it worth it, really.

I assure you they probably aren't going to make an item for the sole purpose of being used by one champion, also. If that champion has itemization problems not shared by other champions, they'll change the champion instead.

Grimlock444

11-03-2011

I might agree with that if it weren't for ninja tabi's. Sure anyone can use it and benefit but it's only REALLY good on Jax. A greedy starks meanwhile would be really good on Shyv, Twitch, and Yi while at least still decent on other AA champions.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

11-03-2011

Ninja Tabi is a bit of a special case, as Riot is slowly trying to work Dodge Chance out of the game. This is evidenced by Nidalee's Cougar Form having it's Dodge Chance exchanged for Ar/MR instead, and the removal from Phantom Dancer. From the sound of Riot posts around, Sivir's passive is next on the "chopping block". After that we only have Jax, Ninja Tabi, and the 4 point Dodge Chance mastery (and subsequent 1 point movespeed on dodge) to be reworked.

More to the point of the topic, most aura items are break even or close to it without accounting for the aura on anyone else, just yourself. When you start adding people, you quickly get to the point of free stats. WotA is one example of this, since almost everyone benefits from the Spell Vamp, and Aegis of the Legion is giving you free stats on just you. Complaining because 2 people on your team can't use the stats they are getting for free is kind of a waste of time.

Grimlock444

11-03-2011

I'm not complaining, I'm just asking about the possibility about a more optimized item for when I'm solo laning or on an AP heavy team. Other characters are getting items more optimized for them I don't see why AS champs get a "Must Have" item as well.

Grimlock444

11-05-2011

bump

Xervous

11-06-2011

they're also going to chop the dodge off Udyr's passive~

axesandspears

11-06-2011

Technically because of the regeneration (which is part of the aura), Starks Fervor is more than worth its cost and is probably the most cost effective item that provides attack speed as one of its stats in the game. I wouldn't worry too much about how much your allies benefit from it to be honest.