Yorick - digs his own grave

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isral

10-11-2011

hes alot like mundo, either you kill him fast or he harasses the ever loving **** out of you in team fights

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

he's one of the strongest in a lane and late game his ult is extremely useful if u have a strong carry on ur team since u essentially make it a 6 vs 5 for 8 seconds with insurance if ur carry dies.

B0ds

10-11-2011

He is one of the best solo tops in the game in my opinion.
If you are looking for a build, it gives me 380+ AD and close to 3000 health with lots of armor and MR, he is just a wonderful champion, people need to learn to play him and not suck

Dorans blade
Cooldown boots
Manamune
Warmogs
Atmas
Bloodthirster

Then, change the dorans for a wriggles semi late game

hope that helps

ninemile

10-11-2011

Yorick is one of the best champions in the game, in my opinion. I'm five games into ranked and I've won 3, lost 2, but in none of the games did I ever lose my lane (we lost one game because of a 0-11 panth, and the other just becase we got outplayed as a team). I even against Jax and Corki alone for one game and held my lane while snagging some kills off of them.

He is best utilized solo top. You almost always want to begin with a meki regen pendant for 390 and two health pots. Play cautiously. The key to Yorick is patience. Wear them down, sustain yourself. Play the long game and you can't lose. Wait for your jungler to gank your low lane opponent. Pick E first, and then W, and grab Q at four then alternate E and W. You will almost always be able to wear the opponent down.

The W has enormous utility. Its an AoE slow. It does solid damage for minion farming. It can scope bushes for you. It can activate shaco boxes or Teemo shrooms. It can scope Baron from afar, or steal if if your timing is good enough.

The E is what lets you farm your lane forever. With a healthy AD, you can easily maintain your health while harming enemies from a range. Keep in mind that while the original spell range is rather short, the ghouls will chase enemy champs, meaning your range is almost the entire lane.

My build:
Manamune
Merc treads
Spirit Visage (helps your heal and lane sustain)
Triforce/Atmas+warmogs (situation depending)
Banshee's veil/Force of Nature
Aegis(maybe)

TL;DR: Yorick is an incredible solo top and has infinate lane sustain, as well as supreme team function with his ult for keeping the AD carry/tank alive.

cHuTTaD

10-11-2011

Yorick is everything wrong with the game at this time. That said he's now one of the top picks in higher level play.

WhiteAndMilky

10-11-2011

You underestimate yorick, and that will be the death of you. With his full combo, and all 3 ghouls out, he can destroy you. Especially with his ult paired.

I bet when you see a rumble flame-throwering minions you say to yourself "that doesn't do much dmg" and run in to try to attack him......

ninemile

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHuTTaD View Post
Yorick is everything wrong with the game at this time. That said he's now one of the top picks in higher level play.
...everything wrong with the game? He promotes a cautious, conservative playstyle. He depends heavily on an organized team to dish out the damage for him and gank the lanes that he's made ripe for the picking. He focuses on the economical side of the game, farming minions and denying. He doesn't have a flashy moveset like akali that lets him rack up kills. He supports his team with his ult and his AoE slow.

He is everything right with the game. Its champions like Tryndamere that are everything 'wrong' with the game. Garbage tier champions who promote solo kills and turret diving, usually at the cost of their lane just to get a kill. They make low-level unorganized games unfun for new players by making an otherwise lousy champ grossly overpowered with enough farm, and then creates firestorms on the forums.

Chronie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Playing him wrong then