Yorick - digs his own grave

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Don't get me wrong he's not garbage, but from what I see he's not good enough at anything to be worth playing. He's not a tank, his damage is meh, and he can't effectively harass. I think the thing that struck me the most about him is that the range of his W and E feel too short; most of the time enemies are just out of reach when chasing or fleeing.

Am I right? Am I just playing/building him wrong? Post your opinions.

Varghul

10-11-2011

You are quite wrong...He is a great harasser, his damage is decent and he is a tanky dps...

His skills have longer range than most mele champions will ever get. he has extremely good lane sustainability.

I dont know how you building him but the standard manamune/warmogs/atmas/trinity force works wonders on him. He is a strong laner, good farmer, good harasser...sure he doesnt have a gap closer, but he is quite strong.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I haven't tried Warmog's; I'll give it a shot.

Auronir

10-11-2011

i would venture to say that since his ghouls are supposed to be the idea behind him, they don't stand out much. I know increasing the life on them too much would be really bad, but it seems odd they only last 5 seconds across the board. They should have a base time they live and it increases by like, a second or half a second each level up. Just a thought.

Lycanblu

10-11-2011

All he had was a manamune, was equal level to two of us up top, managed to outlane us through ridiculously cheap and frequent healing and instant damage along with ghoul damage.

Only reason he came top is because we were murdering the Kog that was there. In any case, I didn't realize he could heal so much so fast at early levels, seemed like we could burst him down to half and he'd recover it all 12 seconds later.

Myrmidont

10-11-2011

He was good enough to be placed in a tourny and not suck, he's good enough period.

Slickdj

10-11-2011

You are right but for the wrong reasons... his biggest problem s his ult is mediocre. He has amazing harass, I can 2v1 and hold a lane easy early game. Attack Marks and Quints are all u need for early game OP. Mid to late game hopefully u have a warmongers, that mixed with his passive makes you one taunt away from being an actual tank.

His ult need to last atleast 15 seconds when u die and give u a movement speed buff to make up for your lack of damage and the fact that most people will just run away after you die... Also the damage of the clone should be 100% of the damage of the copied champ.

Rot Abdul

10-11-2011

He's really good. Good sustain and harrass with E, Insane harrass and slow with W, and Q is helpful if you're chasing and want a bit of a slow when W is down.

Eclipsev

10-11-2011

( 1.) Look at the possible Mid Laners ( 2.) If you can outharass the possible mid laners, go mid (3) proceed to dominate mid lane as the other laner cries by being outfarmed, expect to be ganked.

Mysterage

10-11-2011

After trying him out, sure, he can be successful, but he's hardly what I would consider a fun champion at all to play. Having to not only constantly spam to try to keep ghouls up, the fact that the mechanic to use each and every one of them gave him a steep learning curve (pretty much all of 2 matches, and I still don't quite understand all of the order they should be used in, and when.) Also adding to the un-fun factor, is that super short duration they have. Upon reading his description in game, I was hoping to get 3 little minion buddies to help me do my dirty work, similar to Meepo from DotA. Am I the only one who feels disappointed, and "meh" generally about this guy? I should love him so much, and I really do not.