Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Today I got League of Legends into a sixth grade classroom.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebecca

10-11-2011

I MADE IT ONTO THE SHOWCASE OH MY GOSH THANK YOU GUYS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Check out some of the later attachments! I've started working on another project called Manilannie. She's being used as decor for the school's fall festival!

Don't be shy! Upvotes are great, but don't be afraid to ask me questions or leave comments! I promise I don't bite!
Maybe if I give Manilasticks a paper Trinity Force, Phreak will post. Tons of damage and all, you know.

Alright, boring background story goes here first. This is also my first thread. Please don't eat my face.

It's my senior year of high school, so I'm taking a class that's basically a teaching internship. I'm a teacher's aide for a sixth grade science class. Some days I don't really do much because the teacher has everything under control, but, anyways. I'm always drawing and doing other stuff while he teaches, so today he actually gave me something to do.

Halloween's coming up, so he gave me the task of decorating the outside of his door. What instantly came to my mind was Fiddlesticks. So, I decided, "alright, it's time to put Fids all over this door."

My resources were pretty limited. The most I had was a few pencils, markers, manila and construction paper. I spent a few hours on him, and he's not QUITE done yet... (I missed a few patches on his body, but I can easily fix that on Thursday.)

Here are two pictures I managed to take, along with my reference. I had to make sure no one came into the workroom while I held my laptop up like a complete idiot to take pictures. Once the door is completely decorated, I'm going to add more to this thread.

I like to call him Manilasticks. I think that's a decent name.

EDIT: I've gotten a few suggestions so far, so, with the addition of a few CAWCAWCAWs that'll be on the door, I'm going to try and take a crack at making Amumu.

EDIT #2: I got a red post! So happy!

Quote:
Maxtion Hero:
Love it!!!!

EDIT #3: Almost 100 upvotes in less than an hour... I'm so glad you like it so much!
EDIT #4: There it is, 100 upvotes in less than an hour! Thank you all!
EDIT #5: That's a lot of edits. Also, there's a doodle for you!
EDIT #6: 200 upvotes? I love all of you!
EDIT #7: Maybe I'll add another doodle for every 100 upvotes... I hope it'll tide people over until Thursday. PS, I still love you.
EDIT #2,047,523: I have so many edits I can't carry them all. I've started working on him again, now!
EDIT #2,047,524: I had to finally move Manilasticks out of the way because he was starting to get in EVERYONE'S way. So, I taped him up to the workroom door which is pretty much the same size as the door he's going to end up on.
EDIT #2,047,525: I finally put him on his proper door. I attached a picture below. There's my face to go with it. :V Getting a tiny bit closer to finishing the door. I underestimated how big my letters needed to be. I need to redo those.
EDIT #6,931,219: I can't work on Manilasticks or his door until Monday... I'm afraid that he might get brutally injured while I'm gone. Those kids are awfully rough with that door. I'll take any more suggestions you have! I'm not too sure about fitting Amumu on the door. Sorry.
EDIT #10,572,194: Manilasticks survived the weekend, thank God. I'm still so paranoid. He's like my baby right now. I'm currently slaving away at a letter presser, remaking the words "ARE YOU AFRAID?" and "CAWCAWCAWCAW".
EDIT #165,492,205: I think the door and Manilasticks are done! I'm not too good at making silhouettes of birds, though... If you see this, though, please bump! I want more people here to see! One thing I must ask, though... Do you really think this should go into the showcase?
EDIT #581,284,109: Added an FAQ section! I'll update it when I get more questions.
EDIT #581,284,110 Extra Nervous Edition: Going to go on ahead and submit to the showcase, once I go and dig up the e-mail address for it. Wish me luck, you guys!

FAQ
Q: Has anyone recognized him in the school?
A: Sadly, no. None of those little kids play League, so they don't know who Fiddlesticks is.

Q: What about the scythe? Did you get in trouble for it?
A: Nope! Had a whole bunch of teachers and staff look at it. Not one word was said.

Q: Does he move at all?
A: No. He's all bound together with tape and glue.

Q: How long did Manilasticks and his door take to make?
A: I started working on him on October 11th, working from about 10:30AM to 3 PM. That's about four and a half hours, and I spent three days total on everything, so... 4.5 hours x 3 is 13.5 hours total that I've worked on the door total.

Zzphantom

10-11-2011

Wow, that's actually really cool looking. Does anyone else recognize it?

CTHDRL

10-11-2011

+1.

Edit; Put a banner above/below him that says

CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW

Rebecca

10-11-2011

Quote:
Zzphantom:
Wow, that's actually really cool looking. Does anyone else recognize it?

Haha, nah. The kids are all ten and eleven years old. I don't really expect them to notice. In fact, I don't expect any one in that school to notice. It's just a fifth and sixth grade school, after all.

YYZed

10-11-2011

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

MageOmega

10-11-2011

That's some awesome artistic skills you have there.

Uncle Dad

10-11-2011

But... where are all the crows?

Zzphantom

10-11-2011

You should give a crow or two for company! And definitely some CAWCAWCAWs.

Rebecca

10-11-2011

Quote:
0011110000110011:
But... where are all the crows?

They will actually be on the door with him! There's gonna a moon, too. All I really got done today was Fids.

Graceland

10-11-2011

inb4 you get fired for showing our precious kids a weapon