Gragas' lore..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanatos0400

10-11-2011

I'm talking way back when he was released. I don't understand what riot was thinking releasing a humungous, drunk hobo as a champ. I mean really, before the whole thing with singed I really have no idea what the heck he's doing in the league. He had no connections with any city states so politically, he has no purpose. If the league needed more powerful champs, pantheon was released on the same date. And if that wasn't enough, logically, which would be more powerful? An immortal ice elemental or an immortal angel of flaming fury or a 15 foot tall, man eating tyranid compared to some drunken hobo. I'm not saying he's a bad champ, not at all. Im just saying his lore makes no sense and doesnt explain what the hell he's doing in our champ select screen.

Dracorya

10-11-2011

He's a humorous figure. A jolly man who likes to drink and causes chaos whenever he has too much. Some people ENJOY characters like that.

If you wanted "ALL DARK SUPER SERIOUS" characters then this game isn't for you. I heard HoN is really good in that department.

Kamenwati

10-11-2011

Gragas, while not immediately as impressive as eldritch horrors or elementals, is doubtlessly powerful. Gragas' huge form is literally infused with "raw magic" due to his home and brewery's "proximity to a large and powerful nexus". He also seems to take some measure of enjoyment from besting "countless citizens" (though average people, the sheer number is surely impressive) in drunken brawls at Noxian taverns.

As for his motive for joining the League? All that is stated is that his many exploits have "garnered him the attention of several summoners in the League of Legends". No champion needs a political affiliation to join the League, though it is certainly one of the more likely reasons to apply. Champions are vertitable celebrities in Valoran, and fame and fortunes are reason enough to do pretty much anything. Gragas is a "neutral" champion really, he fights for whomever would have his service, not unlike the definitive mercenaries Sivir, Jax, and some others.

Tristan Trades

10-11-2011

Isn't Gragas allied to Noxus? Because...well... he's Noxian?

Dracorya

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Isn't Gragas allied to Noxus? Because...well... he's Noxian?
No, he just happens to live close to Noxus and goes there when he needs to get more supplies.

Mädchen

10-11-2011

No, he's as Noxian as Mordekaiser, really. Which is to say not at all. Unlike others, he just happens to live there. He doesn't really have any strong feelings towards Noxus at all, to my knowledge.