Jax And Garen- The Best melee Fighters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BTPANZSON

10-11-2011

I Joined League Of Legends a month Ago.
And ive used Both Garen And Jax
Now as far as i have investigated i noticed that jax is far better soloer than garen.
i used jax in twisted treeline to kill 2 champions alone at level 14 with jax's recommended items.

JAX- His recommended items are cool and i have easily handeled super minions with it.

GAREN- garen is also a good champion with a level 14 with all his recommended items.

now, i've searched the google for build guides but i got none. so im asking for expert plaers to suggest me which champion is better(jax vs garen who might win) i also need the best build guide for both the champions. please help me out.

I hope someone would help this newb player in selecting the best champion among which he feels comfortable in managing.
Thank you.

BTPANZSON

10-11-2011

Oh Yea Ive fought Garen with jax at level 18(jax) level 18(garen)

Garen-- Attack damage- 174
speed- 1.101
armour- 124
resistance- 74

jax- attack damage- 197
speed- (his speed increases after each hit) so... went more than 1.2
armour- 137
resistance 56

oohh jax owned garen with half health left.

infinite azure

10-11-2011

Jax is a late-game centric duelist whereas garen crushes the early-game so hard there is no hope for the other team. You should never really just 1v1 dps-off anything you don't know you can win, jax shouldn't duel garen early, garen shouldn't duel jax late.

I am more greezy

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTPANZSON View Post
Now as far as i have investigated i noticed that jax is far better soloer than garen.
i used jax in twisted treeline to kill 2 champions alone at level 14 with jax's recommended items.

JAX- His recommended items are cool and i have easily handeled super minions with it.

GAREN- garen is also a good champion with a level 14 with all his recommended items.

now, i've searched the google for build guides but i got none. so im asking for expert plaers to suggest me which champion is better(jax vs garen who might win) i also need the best build guide for both the champions. please help me out.

I hope someone would help this newb player in selecting the best champion among which he feels comfortable in managing.
Thank you.
solomid.net for the builds.

Garen<Jax late game, Garen>Jax early game. Both dangerous if fed.

Jax: Focus on farming till late game.

Garen: Take advantage of your early game.

Sam

10-11-2011

Garen > Jax. No way jax can even farm with a garen in lane. So your pretty much screwed, unless you get some hard ganks by jungle, or your pretty much done in the game. There won't be a Jax > Garen, if you can't even handle early game with Garen :P

hotshotzehri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Garen > Jax. No way jax can even farm with a garen in lane. So your pretty much screwed, unless you get some hard ganks by jungle, or your pretty much done in the game. There won't be a Jax > Garen, if you can't even handle early game with Garen :P
if jax does somehow manage to get money though (45 minute turtle strat?) garen and his entire team really are screwed hard. Fullbuild jax can mess up people pretty hardcore to the point of situational 1v3

Enchantz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTPANZSON View Post

Thank you.
http://www.mobafire.com/
http://leaguecraft.com/
There are some cool builds there

Naturewalker

10-13-2011

on my main account, I play Gsren in TT almost exclusively.
i can tell you what works for me (win arround 8 of 10 games):
forget about tank builds. garen has very good ratios.
my build is dependent on runes and masteries, so if you are new you wont have the chance to have all:

-Red armor pen, yellow armor, blue MR/lvl, quints movement speed and armor pen (the MS is the main reason i won so much, trust me).
-For masteries i go standard 21/9/0 without dodge.
summoner spells: flash and ignite.

first point E, then Q, then E/or W. first level E, second Q, W as last.

items:
-dorans blade
dorans blade
CD reduction boots
brutalizer
rest depends on other team.

if i lane vs an AD champ top, i often take a cloth armor as 2nd or third item.

basic strategy vs casters is to activate Q from out of their range, flash on them, silent spin and use ult, if you feel ult wont be enough you can ignite during you spin, so they have less hp after you spinned.

for AD champs same, but keep flash for later.

Thunderer

12-02-2013

Of course garen is better. I know jax is good, but if Garen crushes Jax early game, then there is no chance for jax to win.

Grinningsphinx

12-02-2013

This isnt a Garen vs jax debate, from what the OP posted....Jax has better bruiser stat scaling though, because Garen was lumped in with the tanks for the longest time.