Dominion sympathizes for losing teams. Rubberbanding, artificial "close games", etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I kinda like the comeback mechanics, the system makes it so you can't just roll over players and they just have to suck it up and die, and if you are losing you never feel hopeless.

Well, there are some matches where you rape and get raped, but I actually prefer the close games because there is such a larger feeling of intensity. The game itself is working against you as you go further and further ahead of the other team, giving added challenge and if you are losing the game is working for you, giving you assurance that the game is never over until it's over.

I dunno, I like it.

Panwar

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finasterra View Post
if you have information about the exact benefits of the mechanics.. i'd love to hear it. i don't understand them well.. and i want to.

I don't know that there are any. I was speaking hypothetically of any come-back mechanics that might exist. So far as I've seen there are none.

What I think people are confusing as a come-back mechanic is the wave spawning. In which when player dies he opens a window so that any teammates that die within that window spawn with him. Which means if an entire team is wiped out quickly they will all respawn at roughly the same time. Which might make it seem like a losing teams respawn is shortened. But that is the only mechanic that I am aware of.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I have never come back from a 400 point deficit. Nor have I ever lost a game with a 400 point lead.

The death timer does give losing teams a chance to come back, but it bloody well doesn't hand them the keys to the castle, as you are insinuating.

asktiks

10-11-2011

yeah i said this when dominion first came out, artifically extended matches are stupid , but try and make these sheep understand it ...

Tokey I Tink

10-11-2011

Dude, if you have a 300+ point lead and you lose it's not the fault of the system.

It's the fault of you and your team playing like over aggressive monkeys.

Jeepers Creepers

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaps View Post
I don't really understand this. The other team is not getting anything bonus that you are not getting - they simply get the same base exp and gold that you are getting - you will still have more gold/experience if you've killed them more or killed more creep.
Wrong, they are getting easier quests to begin with.

urmamasllama

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasavaS View Post
Hmm, I only knew that the losing team had a lower timer on respawn after death
why do people keep saying this

ITS NOT TRUE!

Someone show me a redpost saying this

b0rg

10-11-2011

What does the losing team get besides a shorter death timer (an advantage which was just nerfed)? I think you are blowing this out of proportion owing to some sort of ideology whereby losers should be "heavily punished" and winners should walk away feeling as good as possible about themselves.

I have never heard that the losing team gets more gold, would need to see some proof. I have never heard that the losing team gets more XP, would need to see some proof.

As many posters have pointed out, there are frequently games with a very high margin of victory. So if "the system" is as heavy-handed in favor of losers as you imply, how do these games happen? Either "Big Brother" isn't doing his job, or you're complaining about nothing.

tiennen07

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Exactly. Even if you're losing, you're still constantly being rewarded with a lot of gold and exp by the system. You are not heavily punished for playing badly. So, even the very worst of worst players will still be given a full set of items and levels, even though they did nothing to deserve it. Again, it's the system that's artificially keeping bad players up in the match.
so, youre complaining because you want the losing to team to get money at a slower rate than the winning team?

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT YOUR WISH! The winning team gets more gold than the losing team by simply having a better creepscore, and by getting more kills than the losing team,

really, i don't understand what your problem is. in SR I don't complain about the enemy team getting their passive gold. and omg, if they all build a GP5 item they'd REALLY have the advantage!

stop crying just to cry, baddie.

Shini Laser

10-11-2011

I still wonder what "comeback mechanics" people are talking about.

Death time is not decreased for the losing team. If you have 2 points and the enemy is not 1, your respawn timer isn't 50% longer than the enemy team's. It is what we imagine, though, that the death timers are longer when you are winning.

Are you talking about you can't kill your way to victory and instead have to care for a few points? If you get your opponent to 100/125 HP, why can't you hold 3 points? That means you've done something extremely right for the first 400/375 HP and there is no way in hell the vast majority of that HP damage is kills, so what is so different between the two phases besides people might have a few items?

But, whatever.