LoL Achievements - What would be your favorite Achievement?

1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerInstict

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2010

Edit: Wow, 51 upvotes.. good stuff! I've spent hours compiling your achievements on this thread into a (somewhat) organized list broken down per character on this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=921754. If you'd like to post more achievements, please feel free to post directly there. Thanks!

Original Post:
I'm not sure how many of you played WoW (I know, not the best way to start off a LoL thread, comparing lol to wow, but bare with me), but just like any game, it eventually began to die off. Then an expansion came along with a resurgence, yet it died off once more. With the latest expansion came Achievements. A resurge happened just as before yet something different happened. The drop off rate paled in comparison to past expansions. A lot of people were going for achievements. It brought a fresh new aspect to the game. I've had freinds who were very bored with wow, even with new expansions and all (to them it was the same stuff, different level), yet kept paying that $15 a month because they liked the idea of achievements so much. They are a way to measure your progress against others, but more importantly they are to boast. Brag about your leet skills and rub it in their face that you have less of a life then they do... you even win at sucking at life you are just that good. Clearing every single dungeon and raid ever, exploring ALL of the areas of the world (of warcraft), or probably the worst of all, gaining exaulted rep with (almost) every faction. People loved those. Achievements have staying power.

Needless to say, PvP achievements (and their corresponding titles) were more fun, the most difficult, and required the most skill (imo) than the tedious time consuming ones. And fortunately, if you havn't figured it out yet, League of Legends is all PvP. The achievements would be fun and yet very difficult to get at the same time. To start off a brief list of possible achievements:

(I'll give an example of one, and of course there'll be different levels than just the one shown below)

100,000 Damage done in a single battle
500,000 " "

100,000 Healing done

500,000 Damage taken in a battle

20 Heroes killed in a battle etc

20 Killing streak (and can go up from there)

0 Deaths (no other levels necessary or else you'd get .... leeeeroy!!!)

6 Towers destroyed (then 9)

Destroy every stucture (all 13)

Get the killing blow on Baron!

Score a Triple Kill

Ace!

Largest Crit (Gangplank!!!!) get a [2,000 damage crit]

100 Leaves in a row (kidding)

20 Game winning streak!

2010 Tournament 1st Place team! etc.

All Skins unlocked! (Don't really like making people spend real money for an achievment, but its an idea. Maybe Riot will find more poeple willing to spend the dough if an achievement was involved o.O)

All Characters unlocked!
------------------

You can do so much. Literally have 100's of achievements and you'd have people join for them all (and more importantly maintain alot of new players who have an addictive, gotta colllect them all, personality). Riot could set itself apart from WoW and not just rehash the same achievements as they have by having character specific achievements. Whether they'd be simple as a certain number of wins with a specific character or achievements that requires skill to pull off that utilizes all of a characters moves. So if someone has 10/10 Achievements earned for Anivia for example, you know (s)he's a badarse. You'll have those individuals who have several characters maxed out in achievements, which is a true testament to skill. While I like champion specific achievements, I'm hard pressed to think of any besides scoring the killing blow on all 5 oppenents w/in a certain time frame (Ace). Maybe for Master Yi, killing three people at once with Alpha Strike. That seems pretty hard to do and may be based more luck than skill, but its worth a character specific achievement. Example for Gangplank; kill 3 people in one Cannon Barrage. Own all of the skins of that character could be an achievement (yes, just a money maker for Riot and probably shouldn't be part of the character specific requirements for that Character Achievement, and may be unfair as some characters have no skins while others have 4 or more, but maybe Riot will implement this idea if there was a demand for it and they had an opportunity to profit off of their manhours coding this into the game).

Please add your own achievement ideas that you'd like to see when (not if) they implement them and if you have a main character you like to play, get creative and think of a character specific achievement that be hard to pull off/exhibit skill and utilises that characters abilities. Then post them here.

*****To note, achievements obviously shouldn't be awarded in practice games*****
*** I searched briefly as to where to put this, and thought this section would be the best. I also did a search and didn't find any in depth achievement threads (although i didn't look super hard), so sorry if this is just a rehasment from anothers point of view).***

Thank you for your time and consideration!

xDiamantx

06-12-2010

Pentakill with Nunu's ult will be the achievement I want to get.

KillerInstict

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2010

Collecting 20,000 Coins in a game

KillerInstict

06-12-2010

Winning a game in under 20 minutes!

Getting 40 assists in a game

The Genesis

06-12-2010

Close! - Winning a game while your own Nexus is at 1/5 health.

Ferisar

06-12-2010

Score a penta-kill with tryndamere

Have highest movement speed as windamere

Use revive at least twice as windamere and score a penta-kill within the next minute

I think that's enough windamere

KillerInstict

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genesis View Post

I like that one, you can spin a few off of that one:

Last one standing! Being the sole survivor in a team fight.

The rare times were all 10 people are dead in seconds of each other as a result of the same team battle

No survivors! - All heroes parish in an epic battle (or something less corny, but along the same lines)

Amplification

06-12-2010

Make Mundo turn around from bad pathing thus killing his famous quote.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

06-12-2010

These have a habit of, if you're not VERY careful, encouraging bad behavior.
to go down your list:

100,000 Damage done in a single battle <---These are fine.
500,000 " "

100,000 Healing done

500,000 Damage taken in a battle

20 Heroes killed in a battle <---Inevitably lead to intentional stompiong/ killstealing for the sake of the achievement. It's a cooperative game. Individual goals should be avoided.

20 Killing streak (and can go up from there) <---see previous.

0 Deaths (no other levels necessary or else you'd get .... leeeeroy!!!) <---The problems with this should be more than obvious.

6 Towers destroyed (then 9) <---again, poor behavior "I need to last hit turret, don't kill"

Destroy every stucture (all 13) <---see previous.

Get the killing blow on Baron! <---see previous.

You have to be careful with achievements. Something like, say, "Win a game in less than 15 minutes" could be interesting. Something like, say... "Lose a game in less than 15 minutes" uhm... not so much.

xDiamantx

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genesis View Post
One time our opposing team and us were just attacking each other's nexus and racing lol.

1234511 ... 25