*Jungling* Attack Speed vs. Armor Pen Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tenaciousbeaver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

So currently, I jungle ALOT. I mean, prolly about 75% of my games. I can jungle almost anyone xin, udyr, shaco, olaf, ww...etc.

I have 31% Attack Speed and 13 Armor (yellows).

A friend of mine told me that they changed lifesteal around a few patches ago (apparently I missed that, I loveeee to start with vampiric scepter.) and he suggested using at least some armor pen runes. Any thoughts? Would my damage output change? Would it make it easier to start with vampiric scepter....bc i really like too if possible.

Vlyigi

10-10-2011

Armor pen scales better into late game, AS gives you a faster jungle time. Some hardcore junglers get 12 Apen (usual armor of creeps) and then max AS.

Speakes

10-10-2011

Depends on what you want, as said above.

DuckOfOregon

10-10-2011

AS Red/Quints, Armor Yellows, MR Blues real nice though :s ArP for lategame, or if you're say Lee Sin or TIger Udyr, where you don't really need the AS

dL1Cheo

10-10-2011

I know TheOddOne suggests getting the max amount of armor pen for jungling, unfortunately I can't tell you exactly why it helps you better then attack speed, hope someone else can

Mentality

10-10-2011

Armor pen quints & reds, armor seals, Attack Speed blues is what i use.

daddyduro69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

It usually depends on the jungler. Certain junglers benefit far more from flat ad than they do AS(lee sin, trundle, tiger udyr, etc) while junglers like phoenix udyr and ww really need the AS. In general, having 12 arP will speed up your jungling

duck8

10-10-2011

Depending on who you jungle, there are definite pros/cons of armor pen/attack speed and even flat attack damage. On phoenix udyr, full AS is perfect. On other junglers, a mix of arpen/as or arpen/ad is usually ideal. And on certain junglers (Nocturne, for instance) you can even get away with just full arpen. The jungle is not as quick but you do crazy damage to champs.

tenaciousbeaver

10-10-2011

I want to be able to clear the jungle with vampiric scepter Ideally....after the change it made me much lower health ganking at lvl 4 with it though. So, would getting armor pen runes make me life steal a more noticable amount?

Zero000x000

10-10-2011

Rule of thumb is, any jungler that does physical damage should take 12 ArPen. Ones with AS steroids or attack timer reseters should use AD runes, ones with AD buffs should take AS, ones without either should usually go with AS. For AD, use Quints. AS and ArPen are exactly the same in terms of efficiency, no difference between reds and Quints.