"Dom not about kills"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SixteenLetterNam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

My reply, are you f'ing ******ed? You die, you lose your points, you lose the game. Cant have a team of people who do nothing but die.
Dont give me BS like killing the opponent isn't important- or most the game.

KalaVedaks

10-10-2011

SHOULD BE YOU GET MORE KILLS THEN sr

Ravenshire

10-10-2011

The 2 points you lose (which has a cap, it won't apply under a certain number of remaining nexus health) is nothing compared to the time and field presence you lose. The gold value from kills is a much less important part of item building than it is in SR and team fights tend to be rare, focusing on skirmishes of 1-3 instead.

Dying matters, but dying to complete an objective (like preventing a cap until help arrives or setting up a cap, shutting down jungle, etc.) matters more.

Nekrogen

10-10-2011

I go bot, push and neutralize the point, kill their bot laner and die to the person who comes to help. It matters, but guess what I forced 2 bot and neutralized their point; It depends on what the context is.

Ravenshire

10-10-2011

That's exactly my point. Situational **** is situational.

Leftycool

10-10-2011

I think they mean it in the context of "stop chasing that full health singed when we only have one point and the enemy is four dead."

Panwar

10-10-2011

I have held windmill/bot for long periods of the game, killed almost no one, died a couple of times, but still helped win the game because that was one point my team didn't have to worry about, as well as tying up 2-3 of their champs opening up access to their points for my team.

Dom isn't about kills. Killing your opponents is necessary for victory, but it's not the only thing that's necessary, and it' isn't a way to quantify someones helpfulness in any specific game.

TouchinMyself

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixteenLetterNam View Post
My reply, are you f'ing ******ed? You die, you lose your points, you lose the game. Cant have a team of people who do nothing but die.
Dont give me BS like killing the opponent isn't important- or most the game.
There are 2 times in dominion i say kills dont matter.

1. Too often someone will leave a point undefended or instead of taking a point they chase a low enemy just for the kill.
2. Teammate contributed **** all game and is going on about his KDR.

Sure killing helps the score but not anywhere close to having an extra point or even neuting a point does.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

I hope I never get OP on my team, he'd be really annoying to listen to during the thirty seconds or so it'd take me to /ignore him (he also sounds like the sort of moron that runs around the map Ramboing after the other team trying to rack up kills while ignoring the fact that they have 4/5 nodes and then starts cursing everyone else out when we inevitably lose).

KalaVedaks

10-10-2011

atk spd ap works great actaully feels liek your playing a ninja