Bannable Offenses?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strange Enigma

06-11-2010

I was just wondering where I could find a list for bannable offenses for the online game. I tried googling it and got a 404 on the terms of use and couldn't really find one just snooping around the website.

Thanks.

Lil Will

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

This is not official, but I think that repeated Racial Slurs or other things, maybe like harassment could result in a ban. I don't know for sure though. IMO just use your head and think before you act.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon
We don't have a checklist we follow. We evaluate it on a case by case basis.
So yea, its really just a judgement call. If you feel that they have had such a negative impact on your experience that you want to see them banned, then report them.

Kajitii

06-12-2010

I know this is obvious, but modding the game to give you an advantage is also bannable.

Way back in December, people got banned for being able to zoom out further than the default settings, since they could see more of the battlefield at once.

Stuff like skins and remodels are fine though =P

Wyye

06-13-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

IX. Code of Conduct.
Certain rules govern Your use of the Site and/or the Game (the "Code of Conduct"). The Code of Conduct is not meant to be exhaustive, and Riot Games reserves the right to take appropriate disciplinary measures including account termination and deletion to protect the integrity and spirit of the Site and/or the Game, regardless of whether a specific behavior is listed here as prohibited. The following are examples of behavior that warrant disciplinary measures:
A. Impersonating an employee of Riot Games or communicating in any way that makes it appear that the communication originates from Riot Games.
B. Posting identifying information about any other user in the Game.
C. Harassing, stalking, or threatening any other users in the Game.
D. Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including, but not limited to, language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
E. Spamming chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings of a similar nature.
F. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users.
G. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game, including, but not limited to, by "scamming" or "social engineering."
H. Using any unauthorized third party programs, including but not limited to "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including but not limited to any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information.
I. Accessing or attempting to access areas of the Game or Game servers that have not been made available to the public.
X. Character Names.
You may not select a character name that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to You, and may take further disciplinary measures, including account termination, for repeated violations.

LAWarrior

12-09-2012

What about letting a brother play? Is that bannable?

paintolar

12-09-2012

Maybe necroing two and a half year old threads is on the list?

whitejackale

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintolar View Post
Maybe necroing two and a half year old threads is on the list?
How about necroing the post again?