Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trundle or Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doshi3

10-10-2011

I was planning to buy Trundle but Nocturne seemed interesting too

Please tell the difference and pros and cons

Also give tips, runes, masteries for these champions

I never jungled before so please give a little bit of jungle tip

Thank you

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-10-2011

Nocturne is an AD assassin, and Trundle's an AD carry.
Both are great at Jungling.

Nocturne's kit has damage output steroids, a solid tether-CC, and a spell shield and his ultimate of course. This kit is fantastic for taking out solo champions, especially casters. His passive is what makes him great at jungling (as well as his AD steroid/skill shot).

Trundle's kit is more based on weakening your enemy than dealing damage. His W lets him claim a small area of the map as his own for 8 seconds, his E is a nice wall/CC skill, his Q takes away a flat amount of AD and boosts his own for a while, and his ultimate is a 100% Spell Vamp DoT that also steals the target's Armor and MR for the duration. His passive heals him whenever he's near dying units, which helps with jungling as well.

I personally prefer Nocturne, I wasn't able to learn Trundle jungling. Trundle's a solid champion though.

Mephew

10-10-2011

I played them both during free weeks, so I don't know them very well. The noticeable differences I noticed was that trundle is much, much tankier, but nocturne clears the jungle faster. Noc does more damage, but trundle is more disruptive.
Ganks are dependent on the enemy, noc can gank much faster due to the ulti, but trundle can slow multiple champs and can do pretty good damage. I say try during free week. Then again, I don't jungle very often.

doshi3

10-10-2011

Do they need many practices to learn them or are they just easy to jungle. Oh please show jungling routes to pls. sorry I never jungled before.

BaguetteBoyFR

10-10-2011

Noct isn't in a good spot right now, He clears jungle at an ok pace but dosent really have any damage or survive. I'd def go Trundle.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-10-2011

As Nocturne, I always go with 4-5 HP pots and cloth armor like most junglers, go wolves-banshees-golems-Red, then go back to heal for Blue.

After Blue, Wolves and Banshees should be up, and then after that you should hit level 4. You can either spend your time continually jungling to 6, or if the enemy team is really out of place you can gank (you should have his Q-W-E leveled 2-1-1 for this reason).

After that, have fun.

Unscathed

10-10-2011

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php

Krylok

Recruiter

10-10-2011

@doshi3 The 2 jungle paths are;
1. Start at blue golems and work your way down till you reach the 2 non buff golems. This is the more popular approach, since blue gives you the mana regen and cdr buffs, which makes spamming skills for cs easier. however, it's also more risky since not only is it decently far from the lane and base, but most teams will anticipate that you're going to try for this path and try to gank you. If you really want to take this path, the best thing to do is stay away from the creeps for about 5-7 seconds after they've spawned, then walk into the jungle. If the opponents have a jungler too, ask your mid to accompany you so that you can attempt to get fb and blue buff, in case their jungler decides to stay behind and hit your jungle

2. The second path is slightly more difficult to use. It involves starting at the dual golems near the longer lane and then working your way upto blue. The disadvantage with this path is that you don't get the early game mana regen and cdr, and if you don't have proper masteries, you may need to blow smite on one of the wraiths or wolves to level up immediately after taking the golems. But, this path is much safer, since it's very close to the lane and people won't want to gank you in that area early game, and it allows you to attempt to take red buff earlier and can also therefore be taken in case you want to gank earlier on in the game.

As for the 2 champs, noct can clear jungle a bit faster than trundle, but trundle has better ganking potential. It also depends on what type of champion you want to play. If you want to play a pure killer, go for nocturne, but if you want a tankier champ who's a great anti tank and anti carry, then go in for trundle. All in all, and this is my personal opinion, I think trundle would be a better choice than nocturne.

its all me

10-10-2011

Quote:
doshi3:
I was planning to buy Trundle but Nocturne seemed interesting too

Please tell the difference and pros and cons

Also give tips, runes, masteries for these champions

I never jungled before so please give a little bit of jungle tip

Thank you

Out of the 2, i would say Nocturne? honestly nethier of these champs i have ever had a large success rate with so i wouldn't really know. But i do know that nocturne is very dependent on blue, were as trundle isnt. Nocturne is supper fun to play on the other hand, while trundle seems bland but much better.

And he's not an AD carry he's a tanky dps and can focus down some one just as good as nocturne just not from a distance

doshi3

10-10-2011

Are they rune/mastery dependent? (Can you jungle before reaching level 30)