Xerath: The guy I wanted more from

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1White

10-10-2011

I'll keep griping to a minimum and stick to the lore--

Why doesn't Xerath lock down into his sarcophagus in order to amplify his range? Doesn't keeping the magical bonds open and allowing his (new) true form exposed and maneuverable cost him power?

From inside the sarcophagus he managed to summon enough power to create the massive explosion. Doesn't this reveal his contained power when not floating and dancing about?

tldr: Xerath needs to look cooler by doing animations that fit with lore.

Birdy51

10-10-2011

When he locks down into his sarcophagus, he is latching onto a focal point of magic. Xerath draws energy from that spot, which allows him to use stronger and more focused spells.

As for the explosion, the awnser is much more complex. That was him breaking his pre-existing chains. He's still limited, but all the pent up energy eventually broke his prison. Compare it to a faultline. The earth just keeps pushing past eachother, more and more pressure being built up. Eventually, it snaps releasing all that energy at once. What was origionally a small force, is now apart of something a helluva lot stronger.

I hope I made some semblence of sense. O.o

Kazuman

10-10-2011

The bondages you see on him are much more metaphorical then physical. You can tell by one of his taunts he can expand all of them off him for a limited time. They really physically don't limit him at all.

The explosion was a concentrated effort. He had thousands of years to power up that explosions and as time go by the bondage probably got weaker and let him break out more easily.

When he connects with locus is has little to do with the chains or coffins. It has to so with him tapping into pure energy. But with his powers weakened it takes more effort.

Mädchen

10-10-2011

To keep it strictly to an in-game response, if they locked him in his sarcophagus, they'd have lost all of his attack animations. They'd either have you shooting blind as far as cast times for his QWER spells and his auto-attack, or they'd have had to make an entirely separate set completely independent from the first, which would have been wasteful.

Lore-wise, Birdy and Kazuman pretty much have it, I think.