1v1.. Can we ever expect this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quib

10-10-2011

I'd just like to see some kind of jungle tacked onto the tutorial stage.

Chronie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Theyre called customs?

Nightslight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ions03 View Post
this is a team game noob plz...........learn to play as a 5.......... if you want a 1v1 game go find one........... MOBA's r about Team work Not who can ****ing Pick Cho gath Jax Leblac or w/e dumb lame ass solo champion you would pick grow some balls this game is a 5v5 or 3v3 learn to play as a team or GTFO
Not sure if serious...

Nil Archive

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslight View Post
Not sure if serious...
I actually agree with him for the most part, but I can't take his grammar seriously lol.

CuteGoggles

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidObject View Post
I'd seriously love to be able to play a game mode that matches me in skill level up against one other person.

No noobs, no feeders, no leavers, no excuses.

This is how I want to play. Comment and thumb up if you want to see something like this!
Unfortunately, 1v1 does not come down to skill unless you're both forced to pick the same champ, then it would be skill at playing the champ.

There are too many things in place for 1v1 to even be a sensible idea.

1.) Crits. Crits are random and can turn the tide of a battle. That's not skill.

2.) Attack Animations. Some champions are faster and others are slower, makes a difference.

3.) Champion Kits. Most champion kits are not balanced around 1v1 fighting thus only certain champs would even be viable.

4.) Picks/Bans. You couldn't have any sort of draft mode simply because first pick would just get counter picked to death.

5.) 1v1 Brings Nothing To The Table. Even if they did implement a 1v1 Map, what good is it? All the other maps are team oriented. . .I guess it would be good at teaching to deal with champions, but again 1v1 would be viable for only a select few. If you're only facing like 10 champs from a pool every match you're not really learning anything.

6.) Genre. This genre isn't suited for 1v1s, its focused on team work. Which is why you don't want feeder or leavers. Try fighting games, shooters, or some MMO for one on ones.

tldr: The game isn't designed for it, around it, or even thinking about it.

Slunk3R

10-12-2011

1v1 just for the fun of it, I would like that.. But it can be done through custom game indeed...
But what if u have to 1v1 trynd?

Kairu Walker

10-12-2011

i agree, well not with the whole thing. but they should really release the tutorial map. at least for custom games. and still have possible for 5v5 on it. everybody loves ARAM and besides...

lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, LIGHTNING BOLT!

Thirsty

10-12-2011

EH a 1v1 would be very cool to play, but they'd have to figure out a legit balancing system.

srkfx

10-12-2011

Make it all random,same heroes,no jungle,no dragon,no baron.
Better guy WILL win.

VoidObject

10-14-2011

Lots of people saying custom games, but that's not what this thread is about.

And as to the first pick getting countered, of course it will, so you give first pick bans and second pick none. Simple and efficient.

P.S. Even Jax can be countered. You guys ever hear of mr pen?