Suggestion about afk/abandonment system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starbridge84

10-10-2011

While I think this if nice and unfair for some people like myself, seeing as I have to get up from time to time to take care of a screaming baby girl. Instead of this system triggering as an automatic thing, maybe it could be up to player poll in game?

Once a player goes AFK, a small pop up comes up to excuse this person, or punish this person. After lets say, 20(30/50?) offenses the player is suspended for 24 hours and this would reset once a week or once a month.
So in a 5v5 game you could get 9 punishment votes--or in a 5vPvE you could get 4--or if people know you have a baby and duties as father come first over games they could excuse you for being gone.
I'm sure I am not the only father that is frustrated with this.

When I put my girl down for bed is when I jump on and play, anyone that is a parent knows that once they go down for the night they dont always go right to sleep. Sometimes I have to rock her, or feed her a little more to get her to go to sleep.

Right now I am sitting on level 2 for leaving early or being AFK when its just not very fair to parents that would like to play.

Squirry

10-10-2011

What is not fair is you giving 4-9 other people a bad play experience because you feel justified in starting a multiplayer game you can not afford to pay attention to. You are not entitled to playing LoL whenever you want.

Play when your kid is being looked after someone else (if you're lucky enough to be two parents raising it), when (s)he's off for daycare or when you're certain she has at least fallen decently asleep. It's all about facing up to the fact that playing LoL is something you are not expected to do unless you can actually commit to the game.

There is PLENTY single-player games on the market. Heck, there's even a ton of multi-player games where you going afk for some time is not a problem. You have all the options in the world. You are not entitled to ruining the game for other people because you consciously chose not to play a game where your real life obligations will not negatively impact their experience.

Starbridge84

10-10-2011

Wow, you have no idea what being a parent is all about. This was a suggestion, and you have the nerve to say its my fault?

Geijin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

It's your fault.

Squirry

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbridge84 View Post
Wow, you have no idea what being a parent is all about. This was a suggestion, and you have the nerve to say its my fault?
It IS your fault.

And also; it's a bad idea to make statements like "you have no idea what being a parent is all about" over the internet where you have no idea who you are talking to. My daughter turns 9 this month.

And no, I didn't go join multiplayer games when she was an infant and I was responsible for her. I reserved that for when her mother was taking care of her or when she was in daycare.

The suggestions I gave you come from personal experience.

Starbridge84

10-11-2011

Anyway. My suggestion to Riot still stands.

Pranaqi

10-11-2011

I have no clue whatsoever what it's like to be a parent. But I know what it's like to be a student, and a boyfriend, and a million other things that sometimes require my attention at inopportune times... Bottom line, if you aren't 99% certain when you begin a game that you'll be undisturbed, DON"T START IT!

Geijin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbridge84 View Post
Anyway. My suggestion to Riot still stands.
Anyway, no one gives a ****, dumbass. I feel bad for that child, being raised in such a low I.Q household. I hope you put your kid up for adoption, at least then they'll have a chance in this world.

RedSunArrives

10-12-2011

stop all this hate, guys...
it really does not matter what is fair or unfair...
THIS IS A GAME AND WHATEVER YOU DO, IT STILL JUST A GAME!
so, lets be real cool and think a solution, if all you can do is hate, better you start hating yourself...

Starbridge84

10-12-2011

Thank you RedSun. I do hope someone from Riot sees Geijin's last comment and does something about it. That is clearly not in the Summoner's Code and hope it is handled soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geijin View Post
Anyway, no one gives a ****, dumbass. I feel bad for that child, being raised in such a low I.Q household. I hope you put your kid up for adoption, at least then they'll have a chance in this world.
Used quotes so he couldn't try and alter his post and say he didn't do anything, as well as have a screen shot.