Suggestion for endgame scoreboard

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

octivate

10-10-2011

Right now it lists total damage dealt. I would like to know if there was a way to add a stat for damage dealt to champions, as this would paint a more accurate picture of who was doing damage where it counts or harassing well instead of jungling or wiping entire creep waves.

FallibleCanine

10-16-2011

Bump.

Also, here are threads going back over a year, including one with a Red post from FruitStrike, saying the same thing to general agreement.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t+to+champions

... there are a lot more.

boourns

UI Designer

10-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Might revisit this if we get more stats storage capacity. We had some ambitious plans for more stats during dominion, but were limited by database capacity (same reason why we only store the last 10 games). Unfortunately it's not an issue of just adding more boxes, there's work to be done to make it scale better.

Adac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Then why not remove total damage (since it is really useless) and just add in damage done to champions instead? I can not think of a time when total damage would ever be useful, especially when compared to damage to champions.

IS186afbf367d955

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Might revisit this if we get more stats storage capacity. We had some ambitious plans for more stats during dominion, but were limited by database capacity (same reason why we only store the last 10 games). Unfortunately it's not an issue of just adding more boxes, there's work to be done to make it scale better.
This has been requested for more than one year boourns... Like the other said if it's a storage problem then remove total damage dealt and show damage dealt to champions only. Damage dealt makes at the moment absolutely no sense at all, some champions push the lane, some only last hits so even when factoring the CS in the total damage dealt you still can't tell the damage dealt to champions.

I thought this would have been done for season 2....

Korrby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-22-2011

It would cost them more money to have the space to hold all of the information, which would in turn inflate the prices of everything in the store. Keep in mind there are thousands upon thousands of people who play this game and just containing the last 10 matches for each is probably a whole truckload of data.

Or at least, that's how I see it.

CupcakeTrap

10-22-2011

What about just having it on the endgame screen, and not retaining it?

Besides, retaining it as a problem for "storage capacity"*... could you elaborate on "storage capacity"? Do you mean hard drive space?

We're talking about text, right? Like, a bunch of numbers? How is that eating up storage capacity? I mean, how much data is used up by a set of numbers for a game? I would be surprised if it were more than a few K. Is the 10-game thing really a matter of hard drive space?

If we have a terabyte (10^12 bytes) set aside for stats, and we want to be able to handle 100 million (10^8) players' stats with that space ... that's 10^4 bytes (10K) per user.

... wow, okay, that's actually pretty serious. Closer than I'd have thought. You can fit lik 10,000 digits into 10K, but ... that's not nearly as generous as I'd thought.

ITT, I am astounded to realize that someone could realistically run out of storage space storing raw text.