Ranked Twisted Treeline Tier List

1234511 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vraell

10-10-2011

Okay, so after seeing rayoul's take on a TT tier list, I thought I should probably make one using my experience in TT. If you think that someone should be higher / lower, post and I'll try to change it. And please, if you want to downvote it, go ahead. Just make sure to post why you don't like it and remember that I didn't do this for myself but for others. Also, if people like my tier list, I'll post my reasoning behind each champ. Otherwise, it would just be a waste of time. Okay, so without further ado, here I go.

Draft Mode Tier List * Shyvana Edition *

(tier list goes from left to right, from best to worst in each tier)

Tier 1: Singed, Lee Sin, Rumble, Yorick, Tryndamere

Tier 2: Cho'Gath, Morgana, Jax, Akali, Udyr, Gangplank, Nocturne, Garen, Kennen, Xin Zhao, Renekton, Gragas, Shaco

Tier 3: Ryze, Shyvana, Cassiopeia, Poppy, Wukong, Sion, Nasus, Irelia, Rammus, Graves, Skarner, Talon, Brand, Jarvan, Trundle

Tier 4: Maokai, Urgot, Warwick, Amumu, Annie, Ezreal, Olaf, Soraka, Vayne, Alistar, Anivia, Dr. Mundo, Karma, Riven, Kassadin, Mordekaiser, Xerath, Nidalee

Tier 5: Nunu, Veigar, Teemo, Galio, Malphite, Fiddlesticks, Zilean, Pantheon, Blitzcrank, Malzahar, Swain, Master Yi

Tier 6: Caitlyn, Kayle, Orianna, Tristana, Shen, Katarina, Lux, Kog'Maw, LeBlanc, Karthus, Corki, Taric, Heimerdinger, Miss Fortune, Sona

Tier 7: Vladimir, Leona, Janna, Twisted Fate, Sivir, Ashe, Twitch, Eve

Description of tiers:

Tier 1: Champions that are the most ban "deserving" and are often banned
Tier 2: Just under tier one, these champs are very good, common picks. You will see them banned after T1
Tier 3: You will rarely, if ever, see these champs banned but they are still good. Not the best, but still good.
Tier 4: A bit below T3, these champs are still good but definitely are not the best. They are more situational picks. For example, Trundle is amazing on kite comps with Cass.
Tier 5: Same as T4. However, these picks are not "optimal". You can still play them and do well, but they cannot match up against someone from the higher tiers if played at the same level. Situational picks as well.
Tier 6: Ehhh... try not to pick these. There are just so many better champs...
Tier 7: Avoid at all costs. These champs, while some are good in SR, cannot function probably in TT. Terrible picks to be honest.

And no, I didn't forget about Xerath. I'm just waiting a bit to see where he belongs. I'm not really sure if he is good or bad since I haven't played against any. lol
Also, did I forget anyone?

Remember, this is a work in progress. Please post constructive criticism. Also, I would like to give some credit to my friend and team member Ghoztzero for giving me insight on who should go where. My other team member Cosommak didn't help me at all, even though I asked him. Throw tomatoes at him when you see him. Feel free to friend request Cos as I am SURE he will LOVE to answer ALL your questions. Okay, time to work on the reasoning. I think I'm only going to post tiers 1 and 2 as it is SO HARD AND LONG to do.

Edit: To show that I care and I listen, I am adding Malzahar to this list who wasn't there previously. In addition to this wonderful addition, I am also moving Tristana to T6 and moving down Janna to T7. I am also considering adding "Gentleman" Cho to the tier list and moving him to the top spot. In addition to that, I am also considering moving up Mao a bit.
Edit #2: Moving Mao to T4. Still don't like him though lol. Also updating my reasoning as I believe AuraZero pointed out that I forgot something.
Edit #3: Adding Ryze to this list too! Apparently I forget lots of champs. Moving him to... somewhere in T3 I think. His position is going to change though as we (meaning the 4 people that have really commented on this thread), reach a consensus. I guarantee that.
Edit #4: Due to a suggestion by Ghozt as well as other people, I am moving Yorick to T1.
Edit #5: Again, due to a suggestion by Ghozt, I am moving Talon up, Ryze up, Fiddle down, Amumu down, WW down, and Trundle up a bit.
Edit #6: Changing the positions of Ashe and Sivir, doesn't really matter. I just think Sivir is a bit better as she can actually escape ganks with her ult and spell shield. Ashe is essentially free gold if the lane is too far pushed. Also, I am moving Cait, Trist, MF, and Corki up a bit to T6 due to popular demand. They still suck, but I guess they aren't Eve-category.
Edit #7: Moving Rammus up due to the suggestion of Friggid. He counters many of the AD Bruisers that are common in TT.
Edit #8: Moving Teemo to high T5. Good counter with blinds and has great map awareness with shrooms.
Edit #9: Due to some confusion about the tiers, there is NOTHING WRONG WITH TIER 3, AND 4. They are all still good picks. Remember, this isn't Elementz tier list with only 4 tiers. I have 7 because I... uh... wanted 7. Just remember, T3 isn't bad, it is really quite good. T4 is the same, but a bit less.
Edit #10: Adding Xerath to T1 cuz Saiyushu said so. You have a problem with that yell at him.
Edit #11: I still don't know where to move Xerath though, could I get a serious answer?
Edit #12: Moving Poppy down to bottom of T2. Might still continue to move her down (not below top of T3 though). This is due to how she is more of a situational pick against heavy AoE teams. She is still good regardless, but she truly excels in this type of environment.
Edit #13: I would like to thank everyone for supporting this thread and making it the most viewed and most commented on this forum. Thank you and I hope you continue to provide your thoughts. I promise I won't bite. Remember to hit the shiny green button if you liked it!
Edit #14:
1. Moving Kennen to T2. Zionyx as well as some other people have convinced me that he still deserves to be higher.
2. Moving Brand down lower in T3. Same as Annie. I'm not a big fan of squishy mages in TT. Though they can be good, they aren't the best picks against the top teams.
3. Moving Olaf up to the end of T4.
4. Nunu and Maoki moving up a bit. I still don't like them and I believe they bring their team down with their lack of damage, but their CC, tankiness, and sustain makes up for it.
5. Trundle, Shaco, and uh, Urgot moving up a bit in T4. Mundo is going down to near the end of T4.
If you aren't happy with the changes, just post it. I don't think it is exactly right. Tell me what to do and I'll do it.
Edit #15: I thank everyone who voted on my Xerath poll. As I promised, I'm moving him where you guys think he deserves to be -- T4.

Update:
Graves: Placed in T3. Is an extremely strong champ and still probably on the OP side, even with the nerfs.
Poppy: Moved down to T3. I felt I had her a bit too high.
Mordekaiser: Moved down to low T4. Gunblade nerfs killed him... again.
Shaco: Moved to low T2, buffs made him extremely strong, even in competitive play.
** Shyvana: ** Changed to high T3.
Skarner: Moved to T3 as buffs really helped. Very strong choice.
Veigar: Moved to T5. Isn't as bad as I once thought. I let the fact that he is considered a "troll pick" for 3s mess with my judgement.
Wukong: Moved to mid T3.
Olaf: Moved to mid T4.
Talon: Moved down lower in T3 because of nerfs.

More changes to come.

Vraell

10-10-2011

Tier 1
Singed: The god of 3s. Ban him every game for it is nearly impossible to win a 3s game if they have him and you are the same skill level. Trust me, I know from experience.

Lee: God of 3s as well but toned down a bit. Lee is an amazing pick due to his ganks, sustain, survivability, and damage. He has EVERYTHING needed for a good TTer.

Rumble: An underestimated pick. If played correctly, he is an unstoppable beast. His ult is amazing as most team fights are fought in the jungle. Therefore, your entire team will take full damage from his ult as it can block nearly every passage. This combined with his insane Q AoE damage makes the game very hard to win.

Yorick: Can make a 3v3 team fight a 4v3. Has great lane control, survivability, damage, and sustain. Need I say more? (Sorry, this is taking too long to give more detailed responses as I am trying to get this finished today >_>)

Tryndamere: Some people think Trynd sucks while others think he is amazing. I am someone who thinks he is amazing if, as with every other champ, played correctly. He has no mana so he can jungle very well, he has an ability to jump through nearly every wall which is especially useful for ganks, and has a hard-to-miss AoE slow that is more like a snare at later levels. He also has great survivability with his ult and sustain with his Q. Nothing more that needs to be said. He has much of the "required" traits of a T1 character with his survivability, damage, gank-power, and sustain.

Tier 2
Cho'Gath: Many people underestimate Cho. He is amazing in 3s. He gives the best dragon control in the game with his ult, essentially giving you every dragon if you play it properly. Also, he has great CC with his Q and W, great damage all around with his autos, W, Q, and ult. His survivability is one of the best in the game, boasting nearly a 3k hp pool without any hp items. His sustain is amazing with his passive and FoN if you choose to build it. His farming is one of the best in the game too. All in all, Cho'Gath probably deserves T1 but in the effort to create a list that more people agree with, I trick people by moving him to the first place of T2. Do not underestimate Cho. Just sayin'.

Morgana: If anyone knows i Barricade i, I have NO idea why he has Morg as T3. She is great. All that needs to be said. She has a Q that snares for a good 3 seconds, an ult that stuns and slows, damage that is very good and reliable, and a shield that makes her essentially immune to all ganks. Morgana is a VERY good pick. Don't get fooled by Barricade's T3 placement. She is easily top T2.

Jax: A strong pick in that he deals great damage, has great survivability and utility, an AoE stun with like a 6 second CD, and damage that increases the longer that he is in a fight. Jax is a strong pick that a team would love to have. However, he is vulnerable to CC and kiting, making him not T1 worthy. All the enemy needs to do is prevent him from gaining stacks on his ult by either kiting or CCing him, something that all the T1 picks can do very well. Do this and you will halve his damage.

Akali: Great damage, stealth, great sustain, great mobility and utility. The only downside to Akali is her ability to be countered. Cho'Gath, Morgana, Rumble, Renekton, Gragas, and Lee and all very common picks and will eat her alive. And don't forget about those vision wards and oracles!

Udyr: Has CC and great utility with bear, great damage with tiger, and great survivability and sustain with turtle. And Pheonix gives a free sunfire cape worth of damage. What is there not to like? However, Udyr has a weakness in that he has no "true" gap closer. He is prone to stuns and snares as he needs to run in the open to close the gap. He is still a great champ though, and that is what makes my friend Ghoztzero play him.

Gangplank: Good damage, built in passive slow, ability to cleanse any CC and get back some HP, great utility in his MS, and an ult that is arguably one of the best in the game. Only downsides is that his ult can be one of the worst when it fails to hit the enemy, and he is pretty squishy. Other than that, he is a solid pick for TT.

Nocturne: One of the best assassins in the game. His ult allows you to practically farm bot and still be in a position to do dragon with one press of R. He has some CC, has a CC avoider in his spell shield, has a gap closer with his Q as well as an AD stimulant, as well as having built in sustain and AoE damage with his passive. Very strong pick for TT that makes me confused in why I don't see him very much. Both laning and jungling are viable too.

Garen: Spin 2 win. NOT SAYING ANY MORE. Actually, I will to get upvotes. He has a gap closer, silence, and the spin 2 win button as well as the KSer button that we all know and love, R.

Xin Zhao: Can gank through walls, though it is pretty unrealiable. Great 1v1 ability, CC, sustain, and survivability. Only problem with Xin is his lack of range. Cho counters him pretty hard as his close quarters combat means that you essentially have a free Q and W on him. With that being said, if the Cho is going AP then that Xin is as good as dead since Cho can pretty much one shot anyone.

Renekton: Great survivability, good mobility, good damage, great sustain, Renekton is a solid pick on any team comp. I believe he can also go through the wall on dragon so he can escape many ganks pretty easily. Not 100% sure about that though since I haven't played Renekton more than once.

Gragas: Can go through walls, has great damage, knockback, and has decent survability as well as good sustain. As with Renekton, he can go through the dragon wall making it quite easy to survive ganks. The only problem I notice with Gragas is that he falls late game. His once "WTF DAMAGE" turns into a bit subpar damage. Thats my 2 cents anyway. (Okay, I think I might just stop here for the reasoning. Unless you really want me to continue lol, but that would be kind of cruel, don't you think? Only like 70 more champs to go ; _ ; )

Poppy: Underrated but great champ. A good Poppy, like my so called "friend" Cos (don't tell him I said he was a good Poppy), has great damage, a stun, and the ability to make a team fight 2v3. Poppy also has the ability to counter AoE comps extremely hard. If you see the enemy team going Rumble, Morgana, and Garen (or something simliar) pick Poppy and laugh as their once frightening damage becomes nothing. Also, a good Poppy manages to know the bugs for Poppy's E so that you can stun people where there is no terrain. I'm not sure how, but I'm pretty sure Cos knows every single one.

Tier 3
Kennen: Has great AoE damage as well as single target burst combined with good CC and decent utility with his lightning rush. Lane control is some of the best in the game.

Ryze: Very squishy early game, good damage though. Late game he does both great damage and has good survivability as well as a very good snare. Sustain and early game is on the weaker side, but his lane control makes up for it.

Cassiopeia: More of a situational pick, works very well on a kite comp (Something like Cass, Trundle, and someone else with a good slow). Has amazing early game lane control (probably the best) as well as amazing damage. Falls out late game and is countered by assassins like Akali due to her squishiness and lack of sustain.

Talon: Situational pick like Cass, good against teams with squishies. Has a good slow, silence, and good damage. Mobility quite high with his ult and jump. Lacks sustain and survivability though. Imo, Akali is better in every category except CC. (damage, sustain, survivability)

Brand: Amazing dragon control with his ult. Use it as the enemy team tries to contest your dragon and it will destroy their team. Lacks survivability though and sustain but has great damage and CC. As with Cass, countered by Akali late game. However, he counters her in lane. Not the best pick, but not the worst.

Sion: Either AP or AD. Both deals good damage and has good survivability as well as CC. Pretty good sustain too if you are AD.

Nasus: Nasus is amazing in 3s. I'm not going to lie. Despite not having the opportunity to farm up his Q as much as one would like, this does not diminish his power that much. He is quite similar to Singed for TT. He is unkillable with his passive and ult, will deal insane damage, he can make your AD bruiser do no damage with his wither, and he can, with the same spell, cause you to be caught in a time warp. If you ever fight HaoZ's Nasus, I suggest you be very careful.

Irelia: Despite being stronger in 5s, Irelia is still a strong pick in 3s. She has the sustain, damage, utility, CC, and bulkiness required for a good TT champ. Safe pick, only disadvantage is the lower farm in TT meaning you don't get that TF until later.

tl;dr
Champs are ordered according to 5 qualities. CC, survivability, utility and gank-power, sustain, and damage. Champions that are higher up perform extremely well in TT while champs lower down fail in certain categories.

Edit: Why is this downvoted? I took a lot of time doing this. If it is going to be downvoted I am DEFINITELY not going to post any more of my reasoning. Its just a waste of time as I said.
Edit #2: Going to start with tier 3 right now. Wish me luck and hope that I finish today lol
Edit #3: Okay, so if I do one of these per day, I will be done by December... scary thought.

John Madden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2011

Please, continue.

EDIT: Yeah, Renekton can go through the dragon wall.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

First off thanks a million for doing this. Next, from this list it seems like you don't really think ad carries are very viable. Can you maybe explain why? Also, i've seen veigar do great things with his stuns, and he can completely nuke an enemy carry. I don't know if this is enough to bring him out of tier 7, but it's just a thought

Edit: Also regarding GP, that time it took my ult 5 seconds to kill you from 50 hp made me cry especially since you just stood in it. Also, people typically downvote tier lists regardless of their quality.

Congratz, most active/constructive thread yet.

Is morde really tier 3? Also riven is feeling tier 3 especially if played well

Zionyx

10-10-2011

Kennen tier 1or 2 imo

Yorick tier 1

amumu lower (not specific, just lower)

Zilean tier 4

Blitzcrank tier 3-4

Teemo, karthus, caitlyn, heimerdinger, janna higher

Corki tier 5

I'll keep on looking for my opinions ;3

Vraell

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
First off thanks a million for doing this. Next, from this list it seems like you don't really think ad carries are very viable. Can you maybe explain why? Also, i've seen veigar do great things with his stuns, and he can completely nuke an enemy carry. I don't know if this is enough to bring him out of tier 7, but it's just a thought
Eh, AD carries aren't viable for several reasons. #1 is that TT is a map focused around bruisers, all of which counter ADs. #2 is that AD carries farm for 30 minutes on SR to become what they are. In TT you don't have NEARLY that amount of time, so they just aren't that viable.

For Veigar, the main reason why he is so low is his survivability. He won't last 2 seconds in a fight vs a bruiser. Also, he has absolutely no sustain. Therefore, the damage you deal to him is going to stay there until he goes back, or until he buys tons of HP pots. This however sets him behind in gold. Also, there is no blue buff on TT so Veigar will be forced to invest in mana regen. This is actually the reason why Anivia is lower than some people think she should be. Also, Veigar's damage is pretty subpar until he gets items. Therefore, the limited time farming and the pressure to invest in mana regen doesn't make him that viable.

Oh, and thanks. It took a pretty long time.

Vraell

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bailey Show View Post
Please, continue.
I hate you.

:P

Also, thanks. As I said, I don't play Renekton. lol

Zionyx

10-10-2011

I heard Ad carried and supports were very popular in Eu.

Bruiser with smite top.

Vraell

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionyx View Post
Kennen tier 2 imo

Yorick tier 1

Gragas and amumu lower (not specific, just lower)

I'll keep on looking for my opinions ;3
I agree for Amumu because of his mana problems, but not for Gragas. He is a very strong pick. The only issue with him is how he falls out late game, but most games don't go that long. I'll explain in more depth why I think Gragas is T2.

#1. His ability to go through walls. Makes him hard to gank.
#2. His ult. I've stolen dragons with this thing. Its priceless to knock their jungler out of range for smite and to have your team go in and steal it.
#3. His barrel. It reduces AS by 40%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40%!!!!!!!! Do you know how much this is? That is a phantom dancer worth of AS, and it is AoE. This also shuts down many of the top picks like Noc, GP, Udyr, and more.
#4. His range. He has some of the best range in the game. Combined with the utility from his body slam, he does have the best range. lol

Shall I continue? :P

But yeah, for Amumu, he should be lower. Still in T3, but lower. I'll change it soon.

infinite azure

10-10-2011

Cait's traps around dragon I've found have enough utility combined with a fairly strong early-game, she can net through dragon and the net is a fairly good counter to melee champs without gap-closers (singed, garen, udyr)

I feel as safe as her as I do on ez despite not being able to flash through every wall, not sure where that would put her, but I believe she has a bit more than tier 6.

You skipped malzahar.

Maokai is probably too low.

1234511 ... 38