How do I get wins above losses? (Normal games solo q)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkius

10-10-2011

I am currently hovering at around 15 games below losses. It's always win 2, lose 3, win 1, lose 2, win 2..etc. How do I get more consistent wins?

I just want to get a positive W/L ratio. Are there any champs that I can learn to use that give a higher winning percentage?

IdleAltruism

10-10-2011

Winning in solo q is all about playing consistently well and carrying. Especially for normals, it doesn't really matter who you play; although if you're playing support it can be more difficult depending on your normal ELO (even then a good support can go a long way in making a win possible).

The easiest way to carry is taking solo mid, the next is probably solo top. After that ranged carry and jungler probably have an equal potential to carry games.

You won't win them all, but if you play well, you'll win more than you lose. It's hard to give advice for this. You really just can't play like any other mediocre player. If you do, plan on winning or losing by the whims of fate. You have to make an active attempt to get good at the game. I don't mean a half-ass attempt, that's still being mediocre. You have to really pay attention to your mistakes, and you have to play well. This means paying 100% attention; not missing skillshots; not missing last hits; not ever being in a bad position; putting out the maximum damage from optimal positioning during teamfights; etc etc. If you're not naturally talented and you don't want to put in some effort, expect to lose a fair amount more than you might otherwise get away with.

kyokinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Im in the same boat as you. Just hovering around ~20 under. My friend who is about ~100 over said he got out of this "limbo" by carrying every game as an AP. He recomended that to me, but my playstyle is jungle and melee champs. So i would have to buy a whole new rune page and a couple new casters. Then begin to actually learn them. Which in all would bring my score lower for all the mistakes im doing with the new champion.
I would definitly try just playing with friends. I find it more enjoyable even if my win/lose is 1:2.

kaminist

10-10-2011

Just play the game and it will eventually even out, the more you play the more you learn from the mistakes you made from the previous game, well usually.

kyokinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Please disregard the down vote for IdleAltruism. Its a good post, I wanted to upvote but hit the wrong one on accident. So just pretend its +1 not -1.

again sorry.

solcroft

10-10-2011

Honestly, I wasn't aware that people care about normal games. It's where people go to learn a new champ, test a new build, etc. I was under the impression that it's ranked games that matter.

Kevïn

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by solcroft View Post
Honestly, I wasn't aware that people care about normal games. It's where people go to learn a new champ, test a new build, etc. I was under the impression that it's ranked games that matter.

You probably don't want to go into a ranked game just barely knowing how to play a champ.

With that being said, you'll probably spend some time in normal mastering certain champs.
And if you're playing, why would you ever want to not win?

Anybody else find it weird that it's usually YOUR team that gets stuck with the idiot/feeder/people that suck then qq when you ask them to do something differently?

Cyberthief

10-10-2011

I did have more losses than wins not too long ago. I fixed it by only playing with friends I knew in real life. Once I got out of "ELO hell", I could solo queue again without fearing for the life of my team mates.

GOD SlN

10-10-2011

I don't really care about normal games. I usually try out new champions and builds. Just play more games and your w/l will even out. It evened out for me at about 200 wins.

solcroft

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Kibble View Post
You probably don't want to go into a ranked game just barely knowing how to play a champ.

With that being said, you'll probably spend some time in normal mastering certain champs.
And if you're playing, why would you ever want to not win?
I didn't say you shouldn't want to win. I'm just saying it's unrealistic to expect to have good scores when you're, well, still learning about your champs.