I've played 100 games and...

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetrak

Junior Member

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTemujin View Post
It isn't kill stealing..its Kill Sharing

And he isn't played often because he is one of the only mages which lacks a root or a stun.

Alot of people don't like that as it means they have to WORK for their kills.
I don't know, at level 5 his wall is a 80% slow, that's not a root but it's darn close :P Not to mention it covers the whole lane at max level, which makes it near impossible to avoid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightsaga

Senior Member

06-11-2010

I Agree, not many karthus around.

YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL.

Cause believe me, a bad karthus is really really bad.

Me? i'm a decent karthus who wins 2 times what I lost so yah =) I have seen very few karthus other than me, and even less good karthus players. when I mean good I mean people can get kills/assists.

You also have to have good map awareness, you need teamwork to take Karthus to his full potential, 200 sure dmg at level 6 to everyone on the map is no joke. can gank without have to be there.

Many karthus build pure AP... it's cool but agaisn't any smart opponent, they will target you first.

AP/Hp is like, oh man, the best thing you can ever ask for, Rylais is a must!!!

People just rage when they tank the Karthus that rape them, and can't kill them, but karthus team killed them all.

Or even worse, they barely kill Karthus, he still kills them. xD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Varmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzXO View Post
Wait what is Kill stealing? i thought this was a team game?
Typically the way a team works is you have a champion called a 'carry' who scales very well with gold / items.
The goal of the rest of your team is to support this champion and let him get kills and 'carry' you.

But then what do I know, I keep seeing alistars/jannas etc ksing.
(I heard fed alistar is pro)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turntekGodhead

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrak View Post
I don't know, at level 5 his wall is a 80% slow, that's not a root but it's darn close :P Not to mention it covers the whole lane at max level, which makes it near impossible to avoid.
Slow % doesn't increase, it's 40 at all levels. Makes it a bit of a 1-point wonder.

The reason you don't see very many people playing Karthus is because Annie is easier to play, cheaper, and more effective.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordTemujin

Senior Member

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrak View Post
I don't know, at level 5 his wall is a 80% slow, that's not a root but it's darn close :P Not to mention it covers the whole lane at max level, which makes it near impossible to avoid.

Shhhh

don't tell ryze players...I don't need any more competition to pick out my main.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetrak

Junior Member

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
Slow % doesn't increase, it's 40 at all levels. Makes it a bit of a 1-point wonder.

The reason you don't see very many people playing Karthus is because Annie is easier to play, cheaper, and more effective.
I play Karthus most of the time, and trust me, it's 80% at level 5.

Proof?

Creates a 800/900/1000/1100/1200 distance wide wall through target point. Reduces enemy armor and magic resistance by 15/20/25/30/35 and reduces movement speed by up to 40/50/60/70/80%; debuff lasts 5 seconds. The wall lasts 7 seconds.

I disagree about Annie being better though. Once tibber is out Annie is a lot weakened, Karthus can still deal incredible damage with his lay waste every 0.9 seconds.

And I doubt Ryze players would like Karthus, their playstyle (and difficulty) is highly different.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheIronFist

Senior Member

06-11-2010

I"m not amazing as karthus but I am 21 games won and 15 lost with him *2nd champion bought so I know these things* and would be happy to play a practice with you to help you know the champion a little better. Friend me ingame


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adori Vita Vis

Senior Member

06-11-2010

Any good Karthus during a team fight will Wall > Defile > Ult > spam Lay Waste until the inevitable ace occurs. The first five seconds of a team fight ends up dealing 1200 damage (assuming 800 ult and getting defiled twice) and that's really bad for the other team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sok aka Lag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmin View Post
Typically the way a team works is you have a champion called a 'carry' who scales very well with gold / items.
The goal of the rest of your team is to support this champion and let him get kills and 'carry' you.

But then what do I know, I keep seeing alistars/jannas etc ksing.
(I heard fed alistar is pro)
I stop attacking teammates if they are an easy kill and another team mate is around if I am playing an Alli or support champion.

I've had people call me bad before for having 0 kills in a game despite having the most kills + assists. Just one of those things where some people don't understand that every hero benefits differently from gold and if there is one that benefits more it is in the teams interest to let him get the kills.


12