I've played 100 games and...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CookieMonsterPwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

I've never seen a Karthus in battle.

Why?

Maybe because of how expensive he is, when someone like me accumulates 6300 ip my first though isn't "should i buy the biggest kill-stealing hero in the game?" (i'm simply assuming, having never seen him in battle but having played Dota's Zeus too many times to count).

But really, I don't know, just shocked to realise that

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonsterPwn View Post
I've never seen a Karthus in battle.

Why?

Maybe because of how expensive he is, when someone like me accumulates 6300 ip my first though isn't "should i buy the biggest kill-stealing hero in the game?" (i'm simply assuming, having never seen him in battle but having played Dota's Zeus too many times to count).

But really, I don't know, just shocked to realise that
Wait what is Kill stealing? i thought this was a team game?

Saosinner

06-11-2010

He doesn't kill steal, he finishes what the rest of your team started, and couldn't.

Play some more, you'll see him.

Tetrak

06-11-2010

Karthus is my main, and I'd daresay I play him quite well, so I'll give me opinion on the subject.

Not everyone can lay waste effectively, and people tend to give up before they get good at it. Since most of his damage comes from that, he's rather uninteresting if you can't use it

Also, only a bad Karthus KS his allies, I only use my ult to finish off my teammates enemies when they got away, thus giving them an assist and not stealing anything. It's also great for weakening the whole enemy team before a team fight, if you're fed enough. It's also pretty tricky last hitting a hero in team fights anyway, since his ult has a rather long cast time so it's hard to time it properly.

selenvar

06-11-2010

Karthus getting kills isn't bad.. it feeds his mejais.

SomniumProxy

06-11-2010

His ultimate channels for 3 seconds, so it's rarely a kill steal :P

On a related note - Karthus is a monster, if you know how to play him. A lot better than Zeus :P He gets right in the middle of the fight, destroys everything, and doesn't even care if he dies in the process because his passive of awesomeness allows him to cast spells while he's dead :P

proacker

06-11-2010

His ult can be used as initiate. With a 600-800 dammage, it can take a good portion of oppenant hp.

LordTemujin

06-11-2010

It isn't kill stealing..its Kill Sharing

And he isn't played often because he is one of the only mages which lacks a root or a stun.

Alot of people don't like that as it means they have to WORK for their kills.

S Apexy

06-11-2010

I have him, but I quite prefer a few other heroes over him. Like Anivia. Requiem is nice and all but a little too situational - though it is quite useful during a fight. He just feels a little slow with his whole AoE-around-him-thing.

That said... he's a good hero and I have seen him from time to time. Sometimes they do really good, other times they fail. I pretty much do the same... generally if Karthus takes middle, they do a lot better.

CookieMonsterPwn

06-11-2010

Im simply shocked how i've gotten this far in the game without seeing him yet.