Veigar fixes, give your opinions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shifthappens

06-11-2010

I main veigar. I play him as often I can when ppl don't queue dodge me.

I have currently 200 games played as veigar with a 50/50 win/lose ratio, it ain't Godly but ain't terrible. I am one of those person who think veigar is viable in pugs. Sure for serious match like premades, tournaments ... I often pick annie instead for the best team comp.

I've think of some change that could help veigar do better in tryhard matches :

His passive, Entropy :

20% AP steal to all hero arround him is simply too situational, and a too hard counter to AP stacking for casters. It also remove the ability to gank smart ppl (Hiding in the brush) Simply change it to the effect of baleful strike, which is would be: You gain 1 AP per minion kills and 5 AP per hero kills. Casters don't get that much of creep kills during a game up to ti'll it end. And for those who think it would be too OP, you can kill a whole wave with balaful strike atm and it very easy to do, it doesn't change anything except do things faster with meteor.

Baleful strike :

The new baleful strike would do: When casting, your next spell cast mana cost is reduced by 50 mana. This would greatly help veigar in his early stage, so he don't have to buy Mana/MP5 and focus more on survivability items early game (a little like annie), and help his mid game because of earlier AP farm from his passif.

Dark matter :

Dark matter damage isnt high enough for the amount of setup required. It also deal nearly the damage of a baleful strike unless you have 600+ AP. Early game it deal crappy dmg, and end game when insanely farmed it deal too much. Simply increase the damage and reduce the AP scaling. About 600 flat damage at skill lvl 5 (up from 360) and an ap scaling of .5 (Down from 1). Also, because of the new Passive, baleful strike... Double the mana cost (200 at lvl 1 from 100 and 300 at lvl 5 from 140) to avoid abusing dark matter to farm AP.

Event horizon :

Don't change it. You can land meteor if you cast meteor before right infront of the enemy and stun them inside it. Mecury's thread do not completly negate his meteor/stun combo if you meteor before stun. It's a skillshot that require setup and should be rewarded for hitting (reasson for dps increase on meteor). Another thing would be to not let heroes with flash/charge/jump ability to get out without getting stunned. It should simply stun them on the edge of the circle where they planned to go. Summoner ability flash should be the only thing that can get out of it it, just like regular spells misses.

Primordial burst : It's in a good state IMO.

Give me your opinions about it .

Klaphat

06-11-2010

the new passive would be extremely overpowered... sometimes you can get by a creepwave of 12-14ish creeps that group up around a tower, when you land the dark matter on top of those you shouldn't be getting 12-14ish AP, that would just make veigar able to buy all tanking items and oneshot everything anyway since he would have 500+ AP just from his passive

maybe change his passive to be global, but reduce the effect to 5%

i like the idea for baleful strike though, maybe some other caster could benefit from this in the future

Thadious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

I think Veigar is perfect as is.
Like you said, he's a situational hero; but in the right situations he's a freakin amazing champion.

Wait for Season one when we have draft pick. You will start to see Veigar's usefulness a LOT more then.

Shifthappens

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaphat View Post
the new passive would be extremely overpowered... sometimes you can get by a creepwave of 12-14ish creeps that group up around a tower, when you land the dark matter on top of those you shouldn't be getting 12-14ish AP, that would just make veigar able to buy all tanking items and oneshot everything anyway since he would have 500+ AP just from his passive

maybe change his passive to be global, but reduce the effect to 5%

i like the idea for baleful strike though, maybe some other caster could benefit from this in the future
Even so, you can just stay arround and baleful strike them 1 by 1 every 2.9sec to gain it ? is it game breaking ? no. You would get 12 AP in a sec instead of 30 sec. It is limited to the amount of creep.

it's a passif. It scales with the length of the game. Annie passif would still be better, same with anivia.

Cithsirion

06-11-2010

That passive is way too powerful. Earning 200 AP without buying a single item is just craziness. We'd be looking at Veigars who regularly had 1,000 AP. Or tank Veigars that still have 250-300 AP...

-Cithsirion

Eatmymanapie

06-11-2010

I think he should get a new ult, something that does aoe damage and stuns. They should make it something like black hole, Enigma's ult. His ult atm is just a focus target one shot rape spell.

Messiah Mejai

06-11-2010

Veigar suffers from a foundamental design flaw. The idea behind Veigar is that he gets a bunch of bonus AP, and to compensate for that bonus AP, all of his AP spells are made with vanilla-flavored horse manure.

- - -

Imagine going into an ice cream shop and ordering a banana boat. Your Riot waitress brings you your banana boat, but it smells funny.

YOU: Hey, hold on a sec! This banana boat is made with three scoops of vanilla-flavored horse manure.
RIOT WAITRESS: But we gave you extra vanilla.
YOU: But, it's horse manure.
RIOT WAITRESS: But it's horse manure flavored with EXTRA VANILLA!
YOU: But, it's HORSE MANURE!
RIOT WAITRESS: Did I mention that our Event Horizon banana is made with real banana?

The solution, is, of course, to use real ice cream.

Bunbunru

06-11-2010

I wasn't aware veigar was broken.