The Exiled - [Garen vs Riven]

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-09-2011

Riven watched as the tyhpoon-like power of the Might of Demacia's spinning blade cast Katarina and Warwick through the air. She felt no sympathy for the flying wolf man, he was, after all, a former chemist of Zaun, and one that had helped the atrocities of that fateful day, nor did she feel any strong compassion for the Sinister Blade. All she wished for was violence and warfare, an outlet for her talents, a place to prove her superiority. Where was the honor in simply that, thought the Exile. Warwick landed on his back, tumbling before he caught himself, snarling, before he dropped to a knee, and fell flat. Blue energy surrounded him as he was defeated, but Katarina caught herself, blades crossed in a defensive pattern as she glanced to Riven, blue circular patterns shining around her feet as her summoner recalled her back to the Nexus.

"Curse you, Summoner! Let me fight!" The redhead cursed as the spell continued. Seeing that she was not going to have her way, she turned to Riven angrily. "Now's your chance, Exile. Show us you're still worth something, or I'll kill you myself. Weakness has no place on the Fields of Justice, or in Noxus." Katarina almost spat Riven's title before she looked to Garen, grinning slyly. "Sorry to run, Crownguard, but I'll be back to finish your sister off again, before I come for your head..." As she vanished into the ether, she laughed, a grimace showing on Garen's features. The massive man huffed.

"That woman is a thorn in my side..." Garen turned to regard Riven. "I know of you, Exile. Poster-child of Noxus, skilled fighter, and yet, you turned your back on your own people. How despicable... Even in the blackness that is Noxus, surely you understand desertion is unforgivable." He leveled his massive weapon at Riven and spoke again. "Surrender now, and you'll be spared my blade. Or, come forth, and you shall find honor in death..."

"Haven't you heard, Demacian?" Riven's strong eyes met Garen's as she gripped the handle of her shattered blade, meeting his challenge with one of her own. "I've been killed once before..." She'd been counted among the dead that day, and yet she survived. Now, she was back, fighting for a Noxus she would be proud to call home once again. "The time for talk is over!" As she finished, she shot into the fray, her blade gripped tightly within her grasp, energy shooting up and around her, forming a barrier as she cut a line across the leader of the Dauntless Vanguard.

"DEMACIA!!" As Riven's strike neared, Garen's own barrier pulsed to life, negating much of the force of Riven's strike, even as his own weapon flashed and met Riven's in a massive clash. Sparks flew as his Decisive Strike hit home, sending Riven reeling, her shield drained.

"Dammit...!" Riven cursed as she realized her abilities were being blocked by the Demacian's power, and he advanced, spurned onward by his strike, driving home another strike, but Riven was faster. She hurled herself to the side as the Demacian's blade carved a chunk from the field, sending it sailing through the air. Even still, contact with the ground had not halted his sword's advance, and with a hefty jerking motion, the blade moved around and overhead for a cleaving slash. Pain surged along Riven's body as she realized she'd been struck with tremendous force, a critical hit to be sure. She grit her teeth and spat blood to the side as she stumbled back, feeling her blade pulse once again with energy. The silencing effect had worn off. As she measured her wounds, Garen pointed his blade at her and spoke. "One final chance, Exile. Your broken blade will not stand up to the Might of Demacia. Stand down."

Riven's head turned downcast, shadow covering her eyes and she breathed a sigh. "...My blade may be broken, but my spirit is not!" Fire burned in Riven's eyes as she lifted her blade to the sky and let forth a battlecry, a burst of green energy surging from her form and enveloping her blade, chunks of shattered metal forming the full shape of her weapon. "No holding back!" As Garen's eyes widened at the sudden transformation, Riven shot forward once more, a burst of energy forming around her once again, as it erupting, blasting the ground away from her, and stunning the Might of Demacia.

"What sorcery is this?!" Garen knew his Courage would not be able to protect him from the onslaught he now faced. He'd blown his chance, but he was far from finished.

"What is it your friend with the spear says? A warrior's spirit is NEVER broken!" The massive runic weapon hammered against the brilliant Demacian plate, carving scars into the brilliant metal, and sending the Might of Demacia stumbling backwards from the force of the blow, but Riven was not finished. She threw herself into the sky, green energy pouring from her as she pulled into an overhead slash, sending a torrent of power into the Demacian, followed by another lighting fast strike.

'So fast, and yet so powerful! Could I truly have underestimated her so much?' The leader of the Dauntless Vanguard was assaulted again and again, each blow lighting fast, and ferociously powerful, and as he moved to counter-attack, the woman would leap away, striking as she re-positioned herself, hitting an open spot with an even stronger blow. Her grace was equaled only by the strength of each attack hammering his plate mail. Her form would cause even the most talented among Demacia's ranks to be envious of her control. This, however, was not the time to stand slack-jawed with awe. This was the time to strike, and as Riven dropped, her final blow throwing Garen back and away from her, he did just that.

"Kyaaah!" A torrent of golden light surged around the warrior as he spun into the fray, a whirlwind of bladed destruction. Wind whipped the grass as Riven was assaulted by the attack time and time again. It was like standing in a torrent of razors, each one tearing into her skin as she attempted to defend with her shield. The shield was torn through like so much tissue paper, and even a blast of her Ki did little to spurn the advance of the spinning blade. With a final strike, Riven was thrown from the maelstrom, rolling across the grass as she pulled herself to her feet. Her whole body ached, but her spirit, still, was not broken. As she looked across the field to Garen Crownguard, she saw that he, too, was battered and beaten, but his eyes still burned with spirit, just as hers did.

"Yield, Exile!"

"Not as long as I still breathe!"

Eyes locked, and for a moment, both warriors knew what had to be done. Green energy surged around Riven's Runic Blade even as golden light erupted along the full length of Garen's. Then, it happened. A massive golden blade fell from the heavens, cracking the earth around it and drilling into the Exile as she roared out her own challenge, a thunderous pulse of raging green blades shot across the ground, tearing away the topsoil and ripping the ground, both attacks striking home at the same instant...

Then, silence. The only sound that passed between the two warriors was the sound of the wind, gentle and serene through the blades of grass of Summoner's Rift, and then as both warriors stood, a voice slipped between them.

"Impressive...Exile..." Blue light pulsed around Garen Crownguard as his form was pulled back to the ether, defeated. However, as he spoke, Riven became aware of a burning sensation that gripped her body. Even at the last moment, as she herself had summoned her shield, the Demacian's summoner had cast his Ignite Spell to guarantee her temporary end.

"You fought well, Riven. There is no shame in this defeat..." Her own summoner's voice called to her through their telepathic link, even as the blue aura snatched her up.

"Thank you for...allowing me to win under my own strength. I was not sure that...you would." Riven spoke as she closed her eyes.

"Some battles are best fought on your own. For all others, I shall assist you, Riven. I know your mind, after all...

Riven could feel her summoner grin through the link as her was once more summoned to the field, even as a raven flew overhead, heading towards the center of the Rift, and back to her master, Jericho Swain, his mouth twisting into a grin.

"Thank you, Beatrice. Always such a dear... I do believe we can use this woman to further our plans, wouldn't you agree?" The raven landed on his shoulder, squawking, as her master began to laugh, cackling, even as a lance with a Demacian flag on it nearly struck him, his eyes turning to the intruder.

"I hope you'll share what you believe is so humorous before I kill you, Swain." Jarvan IV stepped forward, brandishing his spear, even as Swain laughed, taunting him.

"Such harsh words coming from a Prince. You should show respect when addressing your elders, or has that father of yours forgotten to teach you manners!?" As he finished, Beatrice shot forward, launching a blast of energy towards the Prince...

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-09-2011

Just a little something I thought of for a possible fanfic, an excerpt if you will.

So, GD, what do you think? Would you read more like this?

dynastyfreak7

10-09-2011

I like it, but Riven would so beat Garen in a duel.

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyfreak7 View Post
I like it, but Riven would so beat Garen in a duel.
I didn't want to play favorites. But you'll notice it was a tie because of Summoner intervention for Garen. Riven won by herself.

dynastyfreak7

10-09-2011

My bad. >_>

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-09-2011

S'all good. In any case, I'm glad you liked it. Took forever to actually write.

Sad thing is I'm sure it'll get overlooked by most people.

ZodiarkSavior

10-09-2011

Oi, please submit this to FanFiction.net

There's a League of Legends section that desperately needs stories

BW Sneaky QC

10-09-2011

Lets not let this degenerate into a my champs better then yours thread now.

dynastyfreak7

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW Sneaky QC View Post
Lets not let this degenerate into a my champs better then yours thread now.
Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but BW SNEEEEAKY!

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
Oi, please submit this to FanFiction.net

There's a League of Legends section that desperately needs stories
Well, this is the only section I've actually written. It was just playing out in my head, and I decided to write it. But, you can tell it's part of something bigger in my head because of how it fits between some events.

Dunno if I'll write the whole thing, but maybe if people like it and want more, we'll see.

I think I captured personalities well enough. I wonder if Riot needs people like me to write lore sections and things. I'd like that, I think...

12345 ... 7