Ezreal 3v3 Build/Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boomstick II

10-09-2011

First of all, I just want to say this isn't really a formal/comprehensive/whatever guide. I formatted it like a guide but really I'm just shedding some light on what's more important on TT than on SR. And, of course, what I believe works best on Ezreal on this map.

For those of you who love to play Ezreal, I highly recommend playing him on TT rather than SR. I love playing Ezreal, and although I can do alright on SR, I find myself having a lot more fun and doing better on TT. Mana issues are less of a problem because your base is nearby. And I feel that he outshines other AD carries on this map due to his easy to keep up AS boost, his low CD wall-jump, and his global ult (which, in a way, is stronger on a smaller map). Plus, getting those awesome kills by jumping over a wall when someone flashes or finishing someone off with your ultimate is a lot more common on TT than SR, and therefore makes it more fun!

Runes:
Reds - Armor Pen
Yellows - MP5/level
Blues - Mix of MP5/level and MR/level (I have 4 MP5 and 5 MR)
Purples - Armor Pen

*Note: I like to mix in some flat AD with the armor pen... I believe I run 1 AD quint and 2 or 3 AD reds. I'm not sure why I do this, I just do lol.

Masteries:
21/0/9
Get the 15% extra buff duration, buffs are essential on TT.
For the 21, you're going to want the 15% MPen. The rest is up to you, I don't take anything on the far right/left of the offensive tree except for the 2% crit.

Summoner Spells:
Flash/Exhaust
I really wouldn't recommend anything else.

----- Build/Playstyle ------

Really, if you're playing Ezreal, you should have a general idea of how to play him so I'm not going to get in to that. However, I'll provide some tips/reminders (for new players/pros respectively) that may help out. And, of course, my thoughts on why I build certain things.

First of all, you're going to want to rush Wriggle's. Dragon control/buff control is ESSENTIAL to winning on TT. The team that gets dragon all game is most likely the team that is going to win. Always keep dragon and red buff warded. If you see the other team ward one of those two spots, IMMEDIATELY go buy a pink ward and get rid of it. Buy two even, so if they get rid of yours, you can go right back and get rid of theirs. Make sure they're blind and you're not.

After getting Wriggle's, get zerker boots. Next, you're going to want to get zeal, then sheen/phage, then finish trinity. Zeal comes before sheen because you want the extra movespeed (Ezreal is slow as hell ._.) and the attackspeed goes very nicely with Wriggle's. After Trinity is done, you may want to invest in a negatron cloak if they have any strong AP champs. If not, then you can continue with damage depending on what your enemies are building/what champs they picked. If they're already stacking armor, then Last Whisper would be good. If they don't have much armor still, then you could start on a bilgewater cutlass (which would later be built in to hextech gunblade).

Your final built (assuming a relatively balance team) would be like this:
-Wriggle's
-Zerker boots
-Trinity Force
-Last Whisper
-Hextech Gunblade
-Banshee's Veil

Depending on the other team, you may want to fit in these optional items:
-Madred's bloodrazor (could later replace wriggle's)
-Thornmail (if they have a fed AD champ such as tryn, riven, lee sin, etc)
-QSS (instead of BV)

Summary:

I know I didn't bring anything revolutionary to the table or anything, but I just wanted to share something that has brought me a lot of success with Ezreal on TT. He's generally considered the weaker but more fun to play AD carry (although he can be strong in the right hands, he still tapers off late-game regardless). But on TT, I feel that he's one of the stronger, if not the strongest, AD carrys. Unfortunately AD carries probably aren't the absolute best picks on TT, but Ezreal's kit works fairly well imo.

So anyways, (TL;DR) make sure you rush wriggles, make sure you stack some AS early (zerker boots & zeal), make sure you ward and counterward and make sure to abuse your mobility with your blink. Oh yeah, and don't let the other team have dragon or you're screwed. Have fun!