Question Re: Corki Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakish

06-11-2010

I am curious if corki's "E" ability (gatling gun) is magic damage or physical damage as it does not specify. I am also curious if each shot from the gattling gun would apply on hit affects such as black cleaver. I would be led to believe that if it is physical damage it would apply the on hit affects but if its magic damage like im guessing it is then it would not apply on hit affects.

Can anyone help me out here with a confirmation?

Thanks!

Redenbacher

06-11-2010

I'm not sure on the magic/physical damage aspect of gatling gun, but I do know that it doesn't apply on-hit effects. If it did apply those effects, it would be insanely overpowered, as it hits 10 times at max level.

However, Corki continues to attack as normal while Gatling Gun is blazing, so you will still proc on-hit effects with your normal attack while shredding armor with Gatling. This is what makes BC attractive for the Corki players I have seen builds of.

The next question is, is BC worth it over IE? Gatling Gun by itself, at max level, will shred 50 armor if every hit lands. I'm thinking in most cases, BC is over-kill in the armor shredding department, and IE would be a better choice, at least for your first DPS item. Bloodthirster is also a considerable choice, as Corki can rip through minions in droves at that point.

Nagu

06-11-2010

Gatling Gun is considered physical(use it on a wave of creeps and watch as it does more damage on each hit due to the reduced armor). It does not apply on hit effects. Armor reduction is an interesting stat because you can make an enemy have negative armor and you will hit harder than your character sheet damage. However, armor reduction does lose effectiveness under 0 because the damage modifier is based on the absolute value of the armor, unlike above 0 where it is extremely effective(1 point of armor reduction = 1% more damage regardless of enemy armor). Keep in mind that armor penetration cannot go under 0.

gun fu panda

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I'm not sure on the magic/physical damage aspect of gatling gun, but I do know that it doesn't apply on-hit effects. If it did apply those effects, it would be insanely overpowered, as it hits 10 times at max level.

However, Corki continues to attack as normal while Gatling Gun is blazing, so you will still proc on-hit effects with your normal attack while shredding armor with Gatling. This is what makes BC attractive for the Corki players I have seen builds of.

The next question is, is BC worth it over IE? Gatling Gun by itself, at max level, will shred 50 armor if every hit lands. I'm thinking in most cases, BC is over-kill in the armor shredding department, and IE would be a better choice, at least for your first DPS item. Bloodthirster is also a considerable choice, as Corki can rip through minions in droves at that point.

No, IE is far better than BC for a first buy. BC second isn't terrible, but always get IE first.

Slight3

06-11-2010

Gatling gun applies rylai's so i assume it is magic damage

Amaterasuomikami

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slight3 View Post
Gatling gun applies rylai's so i assume it is magic damage
Yup :]

Pro Corki players get Rylais for the slow, and HP [not to mention the AP is actually okay on him, not amazing but a little never hurt]

Of course only after you have damage, because the combo of Gattling Gun + Rylais + Your AA [which should be beefy by the point you have rylais] = Raping whole teams with the proper support