"You just counter-pick, duh..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
My LeBlanc can 1v1 Jax. You build a Deathfire Grasp with about 440AP. With 400AP, Deathfire Grasp deals 44% of his HP right off the bat. Then nuke him down and he's dead. This also works similarly for any tanky character and it makes tanks fear you.
I run 40% cd LeBlanc and while DFG definitely does a **** load of damage, lately I've been fighting a lot of Jax's that like to build Hexdrinker and/or Odyn's Veil, so I don't just one shot them in a combo anymore with their ulti on (although it still does a lot of burst )

When it gets to the point where I don't one shot him I turn to the Ethereal Chains combo, which proves to be just as good as a stun when you have someone with range since he can't leap while rooted, and if he's not in melee range he isn't doing ****.

SittyTuYeersOl

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortagnon View Post
1a. What champ(s) should you counter-pick for Akali?
1b. What items should you build to counter Akali, specifically beyond the obvious anti-stealth items?

2a. What champ(s) should you counter-pick for Jax?
2b. What items should you build to counter Jax?

3a. What champ(s) should you counter-pick for Shaco?
3b. What items should you build to counter Shaco?
1a kog maw works surprisingly good, i believe teemos blind wont trigger her Q but im not sure, talon, if youre playing a silencer, save it for akali and let your team finish her off
1b any of the 4 destealth items

2a tanky mages like ryze, dps that profit of atk speed (vayne, xin)
2b sword of the divine obviously, as a tank, grab frozen heart or randuins

3a MORGANA, any tank with tons of mr so you can deal with his traps
3b destealth item + any aoe damage = traps neutralized

IS1429332aa9b633

10-10-2011

I mostly play Skarner and I can deal with them. I still have a hard time with some Jax though.
My build: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...anguard-135047

Akali:
Lightbringer, Negatron Cloak. With Gunblade and AS, she can't out damage me late game, most of the time she dies in her shroud.

Jax:
Dodge runes, Frozen Heart, SotD.
If Jax is stacking gunblade, you're screwed, he will heal more than you can deal damage if you don't have ignite, or you'll have to buy Executioner's Calling.

Shaco:
Lightbringer, Negatron Cloak and maybe an Oracle to avoid boxes. Not much a threat except for the boxes if he builds AP/CDR.

Rammus:
he's still annoying for Skarner, I'd recommend a QSS.

IS12a6435041c36e3214d49

10-10-2011

Against AP Shaco who put those boxes?. I simply play as Yorick.

If u feel unsure about that spot or brush, put a green one to facecheck.
If someone's there, put a red one.
If he initiates for a burst attack(Deceive->Backstab), activate blue.
If he goes two, I go two to five(Yorick,3 ghouls and revenant).
If he stealths away, don't go for the hunt if you are not sure you can kill him. Push like a boss, def like a boss.

If DPS are annoying to deal with, get Frozen Heart and Thornmail and spam ghouls at them for dmg reduction while they take to much dmg.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

What do you guys counter Poppy with? Honestly I'm at a loss as to what to do here. People tell me not to play squishy people but even when I don't I still can't handle her, and she runs out of control really quickly.

I don't give a **** about her burst though, what I care about most is her passive. Holy **** that thing is obscenely strong, it blocks insane amounts of damage for free. It makes her incredibly tanky without her having to do jack ****, that one passive by itself ruins Dominion more than anything else for me. I kid you not, I remember distinctly as Irelia with a triforce no less, doing ~20 damage with a level 5 Q. I thought it would kill her, but it indeed left her at 11 hp. I was super pissed, she had armor but I mean what the **** armor doesn't reduce it to THAT small...

She's such an enraging character to fight against because of that ONE thing, and I can't figure out any reliable counter measures.

Hobocop

10-11-2011

Damage over time effects, since most of the ticks are small enough to bypass her passive, and true damage.

Ayestes

10-11-2011

I know it seems obvious, but the a great general counter to Jax and Akali is to not run out alone. Making sure you are a 3 man team before entering the jungle can often catch those Jax and Akali players out there alone because they are so cocky that they can 1v1 anyone. Not to mention, they are much weaker in a 3v3 then a 1v1. Especially if you are following the advice listed above with counters such as AoE, CC, and Anti-Stealth mechanics.