"You just counter-pick, duh..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Max Gripness

10-09-2011

ryze counters jax hardcore.

anyone with lots of cc counters akali: taric, blitz, sion, malz, leona.

for shaco just get a good initiator that can pop boxes or get oracles to pop them. shaco is honestly just annoying, he's not really that strong. if you ignore wherever he has set his boxes down you can pretend like it's a 4v5 and let them have the capture point he's at; it's pretty easy to get bot if shaco's sitting at top, and a storm shield counters his boxes he leaves top

Vydelar

10-09-2011

AP shaco is given serious grief by Malphite, believe it or not. Malphite is tough enough to take the punishment an average shaco can toss out (minus boxes)t, and his pushing is strong enough that box nests on turrets are worthless.

Weirding

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus7 View Post
ryze counters jax hardcore.

anyone with lots of cc counters akali: taric, blitz, sion, malz, leona.

for shaco just get a good initiator that can pop boxes or get oracles to pop them. shaco is honestly just annoying, he's not really that strong. if you ignore wherever he has set his boxes down you can pretend like it's a 4v5 and let them have the capture point he's at; it's pretty easy to get bot if shaco's sitting at top, and a storm shield counters his boxes he leaves top
You know that Jax has an active ability on his Ultimate that provides him with a lot of Magic Resistance for 8 seconds, right?

Worst-case scenario is that Jax just walks away from Ryze after the Rune Prison ends. Best-case scenario is Jax Leap Strikes Ryze and blows him up in that 8 seconds because he got a Counter Strike proc from a tower or a minion.

Jax has a lot of health that Ryze has to cut through.

altairian

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
You know that Jax has an active ability on his Ultimate that provides him with a lot of Magic Resistance for 8 seconds, right?

Worst-case scenario is that Jax just walks away from Ryze after the Rune Prison ends. Best-case scenario is Jax Leap Strikes Ryze and blows him up in that 8 seconds because he got a Counter Strike proc from a tower or a minion.

Jax has a lot of health that Ryze has to cut through.
You know that Ryze builds purely defensive items and gains damage from them, right? Ryze is one of the tankiest heroes in the game. You've never seen ryze fighting jax if you think that ryze can't take him.

On a side note, to people talking about "countering rammus", the thing that makes rammus good in dominion IS NOT HIS SPEED. Rammus can tank 2-3 champions at low levels with ease, no other champ can accomplish that. At high levels he can tank even better. That is what makes rammus so good, he can just tank your whole team while his team blows you up. If you ignore rammus he does enough damage to make you pay for it. AND he's also the most mobile champ in the game, and mobility is important in Dominion. The mobility is a bonus, not the thing that makes him good.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

Quote:
It's not enough. You do realize Ryze has an ability that reduces magic resistance. right? Ryze has a lot of spell vamp that Jax has to cut through. A player that understands how Ryze works will beat Jax. Any AP champ with decent CC will do well against Jax.

ChamChow

10-09-2011

Implying jax doesn't get rolled if you get sword of the divine, if shaco is AD you build thornmail and a health item. If he is AP you don't let him choose where he fights, you don't derp into bushes, and you build 1 MR item for his shiv. Akali is a ****ing joke, build defensive items and get some sort of stealth detection. After her initial bursting down of someone she will have to sit there for a few seconds and that is when you **** all over her because she is now in melle range.

Now the above is posted from the perspective of a melee, if you are a ranged AD Akali will probably destroy you if you don't have stealth detection. Quite simply because while she's in her W you could be raping her face but instead you are standing around like an idiot waiting to die.
As for jax, Sword of the divine, Sword of the divine, Sword of the divine, Say you can't spare a slot? Then don't fight him. If one person gets sword of the divine it should be his personal mission to analy insert himself into jax, most jax don't really build a lot of defense and when he can't dodge you just took away his main survive-ability.

I don't really have anything to add about shaco, but in closing I find whenever someone is *****ing about someone else being OP they will have literally no items to directly counter that person.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

Talon and LeBlanc are great counter picks to Akali. They **** her up hard and it can be very difficult for her to deal with them. As a person who loves Akali and has always played her often, these 2 champs are probably the hardest for her to deal with.

As far as Jax goes, Nasus is one of the only melee champs that can take Jax on 1v1 late game I find. Gragas is also pretty effective against him, and Nunu helps a lot too. Really, anyone with major attack speed slows paired with Frozen Heart help against him a lot, though the real threats to him are major burst casters with suitable cc.

For Shaco, Sweeper helps a lot on anyone with range. If you spot him placing boxes on a point, sweep the area and take the boxes out. Nothing he can do at that point, since boxes are really his only threatening spell with an AP build, as his clone is easily dodged and Shiv hurts but is on a long cd.

haaaaaaaalp

10-09-2011

FYI, there is no true counterpick for Akali or Jax. You NEED two heroes with cc's to take them down. The people who say just counterpick probably just main those heroes and don't want them nerfed.

Sion is probably your best bet against weaker akali/jax players (although you are screwed if they actually know how to kite).

Hozartis

10-09-2011

This thread is awesome. +1

There's a counter to everything when you think creatively.

BigDaddyDelish

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaaaaaaalp View Post
FYI, there is no true counterpick for Akali or Jax. You NEED two heroes with cc's to take them down. The people who say just counterpick probably just main those heroes and don't want them nerfed.

Sion is probably your best bet against weaker akali/jax players (although you are screwed if they actually know how to kite).
I've been playing Akali as one of my top 5 since her release, and really she doesn't need nerfs that bad... She's just next on the chopping block it seems since so many nerfs have been dished out.

Again, Talon/LeBlanc make her life really difficult. I play LeBlanc a lot more than Talon but when I go up against one of them, there really isn't much of anything I can do. Talon just silences me and bursts me for a ton before I can retaliate, and his Q makes it so I can't shroud or escape. LeBlanc is even worse, LeBlanc is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good at shutting down a single character and for someone like Akali she is especially ****ed, since between her roots and silences Akali can go for upwards of 10 seconds without being able to do ****.

It's not THAT hard to counter champs, people just don't want to do it. Just like how nobody wanted to stop taking AP mid so of course Morgana raped the **** out of them...