What's your reason

I don't like the thread subject 1 1.18%
I read the thread and I don't agree with the content 51 60.00%
The post is spam 22 25.88%
I don't like the thread's author 11 12.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: what makes you downvote a thread?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

06-11-2010

Either because their an ass or I think what their trying to do is pointless. I'm still generous about it and i don't commit acts of random wanton -1'ing

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

i'm mostly an all of the above sorta person.

Osamodas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

If I don't agree with the post, ofcourse, but also if it just plain annoys me. One sided, too ****in' many swears and ****, or just making no sense.

Dude Man Bro

06-11-2010

lunch bamp

time to go to the barbecue

my meat on yo grill

BlindSword

06-11-2010

You should add Just an immature kid to the list aswell since there are tonnes of KIDS not even in high school playing and think they know everything.

Zarifes

06-11-2010

because the OP is wrong.

Osamodas

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSword View Post
You should add Just an immature kid to the list aswell since there are tonnes of KIDS not even in high school playing and think they know everything.
Yeah, I mean, I think I know everything and am a kid,

but atleast I'm in high school.

IS14d8877dee773a275686b

06-11-2010

I just lke to watch the world burn.

YUNG BEEF SHAWTY

06-11-2010

A champion suggestion thread.

Mordiford

06-11-2010

I hardly ever downvote threads.

I only downvote post that are spam or generally not contributing to discussion in any positive way.

I do not downvote someone if I disagree with their opinion, I will instead try to post detailing why I disagree as I find that to be much more constructive.

Quote:
I don't usually downvote someone just because I disagree with them. That'd be like a teacher taking off points on a well written paper because they didn't like the stance you took.
I have to agree whole-heartedly here, if you disagree with someone, particularly someone who made a well thought-out post, take the time to post a response rather than down-voting them and then making some stupid joke or posting "u mad".

I feel that down-voting is a tool mainly to be used to discourage people from making posts that don't add to the discussion and aren't well thought-out. However, considering all the "You mad" and "L2P OP" I see with numerous up-votes and the detailed responses I see with down-votes, I'm wondering whether the system really contributes at all.