Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Irelia vs Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaveNoFears

10-09-2011

So I just lost pretty hard to a riven solo top as irelia. Ofc, Irelia has no real damage until sheen and typically rushes some gold items so that she can farm nicely into late game... but I found myself choosing between either a. farming and losing lots of health or b. missing farm. Seeing that I was against riven top I started w/ a doran's shield for the extra armor and health regen, but she rushed a brutalizer and from there it was downhill.

Basically, I am wondering if there is something I could do differently, or if I was simply outpicked.

acosn

10-09-2011

You have better longevity than riven. Probably would have been smartest to open with a cloth armor and five health pots, or a regrowth pendant and one health pot, and simply played passively until she used abilities.

And stay in your minion wave. If she tries to attack you, then she ends up pushing the lane to your tower, and at that point even if she beats you up you're still in a position to get some farm, and set up a gank for your jungle.

Honestly the biggest problem with Irelia players I see anymore is just their mindset that you can mindlessly bully your way through the lane phase. It's not that simple.

Mambazo

10-09-2011

With riven I start boots 3 pots and am almost impossible to outlane. As I max valor first, I have tons of free effective HP and monster mobility. I just played a game where i solo'd top against Garen. I killed him multiple times and won the lane hard. Riven is an amazing pick atm for solo top because her ki burst lets her put anyone who has to come into melee range at her mercy, as she simply instastuns, puts on her shield, and starts comboing all over your face without taking any return damage.

Chingmeister

10-09-2011

Riven with +34 flat damage with DB at level 1-3 is a monster.

HaveNoFears

10-09-2011

I only died twice in lane to her, I am just wondering what I could do differently (it's low ELO, assume junglers are dumb and show no map awareness and do not gank) I don't mind my lane being pushed to the tower as Irelia is great for farming at the tower but even at my tower I took shots from Riven when I got the caster creeps. What do?

BW Sneaky QC

10-09-2011

Quote:
Chingmeister:
Riven with +34 flat damage with DB at level 1-3 is a monster.

I met an ashe who did that once, living nightmare earlygame until i managed to get a good enough position in the lane where i could easily kill her.

But yea, on Riven I ususaly jungle, running flat AD marks and quints netting me a decent +15 at lvl 1, with dorans blade it goes up to +25 and if you go down all the way in offense +28 adding the extra 4% from havoc to it and she can be pretty deadly early on.

I'd advise you to use your substain from your w and your Q to last hit and E on her to keep you safe , remember, if shes not right next to you she cant damage you but she does have means of closing the distance(sort of) so be mindfull of that.

Riven has really high base hp regen and dorans shield basicly kicks that trough the roof, shell recover from any harrassment you manage to get on her health (some of it blocked by valor).

TL;DR play passively using your Q to last hit and Eing her if shes too close.

kavinh the third

10-09-2011

well riven's rediculously strong in 1 vs 1 against melee champions if they combo right only thing i could think of was to ask for a gank or buy a large supply of health pots to try to out harass her.