The remaking of recommended items

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

II Classiic II

06-11-2010

Thier is an addon that does this already http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ht=leaguetools, its very helpful and easy to download, works with the newer champs to.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

06-11-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

We do plan on allowing customization of recommended items. It - like many other things is on the todo list

Axamili

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid flaw View Post
come on folks.... the game is not so cookie cutter and its insult to yourself, riot, and your opponents to assume it is. every game should have adaptation in it. the recommended items are for entry level players. i personally want higher end development as well but development that matters. forget about adding custom recommended items when it will take even five seconds away from developing a new draft system or new maps or anything worth more than your lazy desire to play the game without thought,
Agreed. The Dev's have better things to do. And besides, if the items we're all looking for are that important, odds are we've memorized the route through the shop menus to find said item anyway. If they get to it, great, but it's not something that is, imo, vital to gameplay.

Murani

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpakyPD View Post
Would it be possible to allow the players to set their own recommended items set so that we can have quick links while playing?

Something in the summoner profile that we can set before game time for a specific champion.
THIS is a REALLY great idea it would make the game much faster and for people like me, that always forget things... or we could add something like a most used itens in this hero, it would show the itens you used most on each hero

Bloodba7h

06-11-2010

Good thread, Phreak! Thanks for letting us into the design thought process!

Legomasta

06-11-2010

What are you talking about, dude? Meki pendants on Mundo is awesome!!

... has this actually happened before? I might have seen a Faerie Charm on him before, for a Tiamat, but not ever a Meki!

Honch

06-11-2010

Creating your own recommended items is a really good idea.

The best way to do this would be in your champion page in your summoner profile just add in a new section for personalizing items for heroes just like a rune page for example but you can make it so you can have at least 2 pages so you choose between two sets, which in the pre-game room you can easily switch between the two for the particular hero.
Buying is not a hard thing to do at all in fact this games system for buying is rather easy can we make it easier? haha.
I still stand firmly on allowing players to further customize their gaming experience and to minimize the time spent in the shop.
You may argue:
-look up your item when you die or blue pill.
but the screen covers your hero while teleporting and many times i have died from a hero like morgana coming by and snaring me, the shop window is dangerous!!! When your dead you can't buy any items (by the way why not ? lol) Normally, no one plans to die anyways, but we do expect too.

add hotkeys to the shop so that we can gain access to different sections faster. Get your damage item 'x' get yo shoes 'x' wham in consumable items grab yo hp pot poof yo lazy complaining bored butt(replace with a** if you can handle the language) post got you a new feature in the game. syke, lol.
--
Lol i really just type too slow . thats good to hear dragon!
--
LOL wow im sooo behind on this. league tools. wtf im failing here.... .

Ruik

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honch View Post
When your dead you can't buy any items (by the way why not ? lol) Normally, no one plans to die anyways, but we do expect too.

You can purchase items while dead, unless my game is broken lol. They even implemented that in DotA a while ago.

MyBeardIsInMyMou

06-11-2010

why not implement a function where you can exchange ur recommended for a preset list u customize outside of game

lunigh

06-11-2010

I honestly think that there should be a feature that allows us to set our own "recommended" items;

just started to play a new hero, next free week comes around, you have no idea how you built him, and its much easier to cycle through items if your not accustom to the game.