Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DIG vs CLG - Break it down why don't we and CLG's issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

Senior Recruiter

10-09-2011

Well im here at IPL still and I am reading all the forums threads, and my facebook dicussing the best of 3 we had so I may as well join the discussion too ^^

Reason we lost wasn't because of Akali. We lost because for some reason we never focused her and just let her kill us. That's truthfully it. If we focused her she would of dropped easily and we could win the rest of the fight. In fact I ****ed up by ulting her away when Chauster exhausted which was just bad timing as I saw the cait ulti mark on him and akali jumped so I pressed R as a reaction, which turned out to be the wrong choice so I take some blame for that 2nd game as if I didn't do that we might of won the game right there. We did have another chance to come back 2nd game but I believe Chauster should of realized after taking mid and fighting them after Baron that he was way too low to continue pushing, instead they caught up, came at us, and he instantly died. Classic bite off more than you can chew mistake but it's okay because that happens sometimes.

As a team RS was making the right calls on GOING to dragon. You think we didn't know they were going or when it's up? Of course we do, it's just the fact of ACTING on what's being said and it's a communication issue.

RS is a really good team with great coordination. They're good and they were better so they won. Just comes down to taking objectives as a team and we didn't. Objective force dragons and take it, we just didn't. Objective kill Akali, no one did, everyone trying to kill Noc n Cait. Don't over analys why we lost because it's a very simple reason that series.

As far as CLG's issues..

For those saying we didn't do good duo lane with Chauster, did you guys somehow forget about the first game were we completely stomped bottom getting 3 kills to 0 on us? You might say (OHH BUT CHAUSTER -100 CS OH MY GOD) yeah it's because after taking the tower we start doing random stuff. It's like "Yes we took a tower, now let's do nothing" same thing happened vs WE in the final game. FB'ed Singed, took his tower, didn't apply more pressure to that lane. We crushed bot, except Cait sat bot lane CSing while we essentially ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. This comes down to leadership issues, which for some reason we're running into again.

For me and Chauster our problem is that Chauster doesn't CS when tower is gone because either Saint or Hotshot are in the free lanes besides mid after that so it becomes difficult for him to get CS, but at the same time he could be more aggressive and demand those lanes as he is the AD carry and should be the one getting fed. Again communication issue.

My issue's are I don't play confidently / aggressive enough when I should be in lane. We could be dominating a lot harder if I was confidently going in but since my infamous Annie at DH I lost a lot of my confidence for making decisions in competetive play hence me playing so passively in lane. It really broke me as a player after that because it was such a poor choice ontop of a fail. If I could get over that we could flow a lot better bottom lane. It's just the fact I think I might make the wrong choice again but that's what competitve play is in any sport. You're not always going to make the right choice, no one ever can, but you have to at least take the risk in hopes that it's the right choice or you'll never succeed and grow as a player. I think that sums up my biggest issue.

As for the warding flak I get. I agree, that I used to be a little stingy on the wards but in the last few tournaments I have really turned that around and I think I might buy the most wards out of any player in competitve play right now. The reason it looks like I am behind in wards sometimes is because CLG doesn't ward anything. They rely on me to have full ward coverage all the time when in reality that imposslbe for any single player to do. Look at our games just now. Riv said DIG's TEAM had 10+ wards out at a single time all game. You think L0CUST placed all 10 of those? No, he most likely did 4-6 because warding that all much would literally require to buy 0 items and only wards. His team contributes to it because wards are game changing. CLG as a team needs to buy wards, everyone, not just Saint and me.

Otherwise Chauster and I statistically really don't lose our lane. Very few times we get out laned. It's only after the tower is gone that we lose our focus. When it comes to straight up 2v2ing bot we do quite well. We just need to work on what we do outside of the laning phase in terms of support and AD carry.

Hotshot plays quite well actually and he's most likely our most consistent player in terms of we can usually count on him not to die, and go even or out CS the opposing player in his lane. He's not known for killing people but that's okay because he's not the one dying either. Hotshot issue's aren't his play, but his calls can be silly at times and often contradicts what the rest of the team wants to do. Again the communication issues are I believe Hotshots biggest issue as he often wants to do one thing, and the rest of the team wants to do another. His calls are sometimes spot on but sometimes they're really not. Until Saint and Chauster start using those balls I know they have and start calling stuff again CLG will most likely be stuck in this little rut.

Bigfatjiji's issue that he just seems to not try it seems. The guy is hands down, one of the best team fighters in this game. His reactions, his skill, his ability to team fight is unrivaled yet his laning phase is most likely one of the weakest in competitive play right now. The only thing I can think of is that he honestly forgot how to lane, or is having some confindence issues like I am and is scared to do poorly so he's playing way too passively now. Akali vs Kennen - Kennen R A P E S that lane, yet Scarra had higher CS.. Wtf? Cass vs Ryze - Goes to Cass but not as much, but still he has the advantage. Kennen vs Singed yesterday - Goes to Kennen as he murders melee yet Singed was completely able to farm and jiji actually got first blooded by him.. These are honestly unacceptable things coming from him. We KNOW he can do it and we KNOW he's hands down top 5 players in the world when it comes to this game yet he gets outlaned almost every single game by lane matchs he should win. Something just ain't clicking and no one knows why. CLG will still manage to get by and place well in tournaments but we really need our old jiji back. The guy who doesn't give a ****, crushes noobs in lane, and dominates confidently all game long. I know he's there waiting to come out again, and when he does I really feel like CLG would be placing first or 2nd in every single tournament IF jiji manages to get his superior ability to lane back. A lot of CLG is riding on a good AP mid to come back because we haven't had one for a while now and it's hurting us massively.

Saint's issue are he plays competitive play a bit too much like solo queue. He can rambo in or go on the wrong target sometimes and is a little stubborn when it comes to picks. I believe his stubborness and lack of being open is a big issue. If saint doesn't want to play a champion, he literally just won't and will pick what he wants to play sometimes. Granted this makes HIM more confortable which is a good thing to have, but at the same time it might not be the best choice to take that champion sometimes. For instance, the reason we ran Janna so much is because Saint loves the MS when he plays Udyr. Yet if we thought about it a bit more instead of going "OH WELL SAINT LIKES JANNA ON UDYR LETS AUTO PICK HER!" and look at that game, if I picked Taric vs Janna we would of most likley won those games. I can lock down anyone who dives Kog with a Shatter + new ulti + exhasut on Akali, she drops ****ing INSTNATLY. Hindsight is truly 20/20 and it's clear that's what we should of done. So if we didn't listen, and Saint was a little more open to team choices opposed to what he wants I think it would benifit us more.

Back to Chauster again here. His issue is he is one of the smartest players in this game. He knows what to do, when to do it, and has the best calls usually. Yet he doesnt' speak up, and if we're not winning he often doesn't step up and make the calls I know he can make. He should be, and is when he does make calls, CLG's true leader. When he makes calls, and we all feed off what he says, and do stuff around him we do really well. When others start making calls because he's not stepping up to make the choices we get those communication issues, we get those bad calls, and we don't play as good. Chauster needs to work on his leadership issues because his calls alone when he's in the mindset to lead, will guide us to victory every time.

Even though we're in a rut at the moment we still compete and do well vs other top teams. That's why 1 month ago when we weren't in this spot we dominated everyone with ease because when CLG flows as 1 mind we are unstoppable. It's the matter of that it most likely gets to our heads a bit, we think we can relax and stop trying so hard so we let up and teams take advantage of us in. When we do we go through these hickups, it costs us. Look at our history. Best team in the world to they're okay, to Best team in the world again, to eh they're alright, to 1 month ago, we dominated completely and almost uncontestedly took tournaments. It's just how it is sometimes and it's something we will continue to work on and be the team I know we can be.

CLG is the oldest and most successful league of legends team to date. You think a few bad tournaments is going to stop us from coming back and taking hold of the scene again? We all got issues and stuff to work on as a team, but that's what good teams do. We work on it, we get out **** together and come back stronger than ever and that's what CLG will continue to do.

tednugentbuffalo

10-09-2011

wow, really honest post there, good to know you guys see your own problems and can hopefully work on them

edit: why the downvotes.. is it a crime to be a little positive?

Svetsunov

10-09-2011

This is exactly what i want to see from you guys, admitting you screwed up and doing something about it.

<3 CLG.

Shaella

10-09-2011

Good post. +1.

Excellent thread. Ok Elementz. You get some respect from me.

megapony

10-09-2011

first
edit: ****it

Razzor411

Recruiter

10-09-2011

so akali has a anti taunt to not get attacked never mind ur the best guys

Cyclone A

10-09-2011

There are better teams now for sure.

CLG"s issue is they all have a leadership attitude and a team can't be all leaders

akaBK

10-09-2011

I like. +1

MoXiGeRen

10-09-2011

people need to realize everyone makes mistakes once in a while

KissBlade

10-09-2011

Just out of curiosity, what do you think happened during the last two games against WE?

Nm: Answered in OP. Thanks =)