Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Katarina AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purutzil

06-11-2010

Honestly AP kat works alright in low-mid ELO but mid-high she kinda becomes lack luster. AP kat is about her ult and her ult simply is much to easy to avoid or stop that its just not going to work against a decent team. AD Kat is better ratios and doesn't depend so heavily on her Ult (BB does good damage while providing healing reduction) and she can do melee attacks combined with shippuuden. Honestly you can still replace one weapon on AD if your focusing damage and grab a Rylai's if you want the slow and you will still be moring damage then AP though.

Sorik

06-11-2010

omgawd SWARDS=AD really now...because everyone with a melee weapon in the game should have no use for ability power that makes perfect sense

TheKillerWolf

06-11-2010

Quote:
Purutzil:
Honestly AP kat works alright in low-mid ELO but mid-high she kinda becomes lack luster. AP kat is about her ult and her ult simply is much to easy to avoid or stop that its just not going to work against a decent team. AD Kat is better ratios and doesn't depend so heavily on her Ult (BB does good damage while providing healing reduction) and she can do melee attacks combined with shippuuden. Honestly you can still replace one weapon on AD if your focusing damage and grab a Rylai's if you want the slow and you will still be moring damage then AP though.

thank you. your a sweety

selenvar

06-11-2010

Bad concept sure.. but like Aircross said, its a game, not everything its going to be realistic..

And if you're that hurt about it think of it this way..

she's reading books (Amplifying tombs) to learn how to throw blades faster or how to shunpo to people.

PhoenixBomb

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Quote:
Aircross:
It's just a game.

Internet sarcasm strikes again! :|

selenvar

06-11-2010

Quote:
TheKillerWolf:
but why do ppl go ap is my question DL gets higher dam from AD and it makes harassing easier early game and if the rylais thing is a big deal why not just buy it later?

DL getting higher is only an illusion... sure its 50% over 30% but you get more AP end game usually than you would attack damage..

for instance i've seen Blitz crank with 1000 AP
but highest i've ever seen with AD is bout 400

Dohmaker

06-11-2010

Katarina goes both ways.

I personally play her as AD simply because that way I can auto attack people with high magic resist. High DPS both physical and magical > high magical DPS.

Also I get trinity force:

dagger throw , trinity force attack, KI, trinity force attack, shunpo when the guy panics from the mass damage, trinity force attack. Death lotus. Death lotus fizzles because the guy is already dead.

See, People make the mistake of playing her only for her ultimate when they can do soooooo much more

Poochy

06-11-2010

to me it just sounds like someone got rocked...she's a unique character...and she's been here since the beginning why are you still complaining about her

she got buffed, she got nerfed, she got nerfed more, and nerfed again...buffed, and then nerfed, maybe if people made up their minds stuff like this wouldnt happen

TheKillerWolf

06-11-2010

i would like to see blitz get to 1000 ap with only 6 item slots i just crafted it and 3 of the best ap items gets you to 488 and still need boots unless you just ignoring that. so what 2 items gets you 512 ap

Akado Bayushi

06-11-2010

Quote:
Dohmaker:
Katarina goes both ways.

Woah, now, let's keep it PG-13.

I always figured Katarina goes for AP because it helps her ult and her shunpo, and goes for burst with shunpo + ult, instead of better harassment with Bouncing Blade and AD. Attack speed doesn't really boost any of her abilities, so i'd rather have better burst than stronger autoattacks.

Plenty of other heroes can slam their heads into walls (towers), I'll pass.