Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Katarina AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekroseth

06-11-2010

A question........why is Katarina AP?

I mean look at the hero. A mercanary with 2 swords. Basically an assasin tipe hero. Should be using melee attacks or his "battle skills" to destroy her enemys.

I see she IS using shunpo and death lotus and stuff....basically spells. BUT WHY???? are they needing ap? I mean look at her. Shunpo and Death lotus are superior battle skills. She is throwing knifes. For shunpo....i dont even know why it deals dmg..she shadows stepps to the enemy. Even if IT does deal dmg it must be some battle skill to get near the enemy and stab him or smt...its not a FREEKING SPELL.

she does not even have mana to use spells. All freeking mages and sorcerers need mana to focus and cast spells. If they deplete it they get fatigued and cant. Kat does not even have any. Why does Kat and Ryze use the same AP for killing?

I mean for gods sake reskin her then give her freeknig wands. Why had to riot make a hero so ******edly retrdish. Before "balance" she was a nice and usefull hero if played skillfull. With ap and ad to. Lately if oyu dont use Ap they call you a noob. If you use AP you own so easy like a "walk in the park"
Is it riots purpuse to make all heroes piece o cake? Are they developing this game for noobgame? Should all palyers after 1000 games stop?

I know i have crappy english gammar sorry abaut that. No qq or no rage. I dont even really care if it is balanced or broken but i find AP katarina a stupid concept. That is my opinion...whats yours ?

selenvar

06-11-2010

she can go either way, but her ult slows people with rylais... thats the only reason people play her ap. + magic pen is eaiser to get.

I would play her AD if her ult slowed people with Frozen Mallet.

Geekweezul

06-11-2010

Quote:
selenvar:
she can go either way, but her ult slows people with rylais... thats the only reason people play her ap. + magic pen is eaiser to get.

I would play her AD if her ult slowed people with Frozen Mallet.

I think he's asking why Riot designed with AP ratios.

Seaal

06-11-2010

In my opinion, AP Katarina is a good thing, since it diversify her from a cookie cutter build of boots+some item+4 bloodthirsters.

Aircross

06-11-2010

Quote:
Geekweezul:
I think he's asking why Riot designed with AP ratios.

Different builds for different situations?

So that auto attackers don't dominate late game like in Dota?

Leon27607

06-11-2010

Her attacks are "Abilities" Therefore, Ability Power...

Nekroseth

06-11-2010

Whell thats an interesting opinion there Seaal. You have a point. But i still find a assasin scaling with ap a stupid concent.

PhoenixBomb

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Why is Shen a tank? I mean, he's a ninja! Master of stealth and assassination! He's got swords on his back and he throws knives and can dash like whoo!

Cmon Riot, for srs.

Aircross

06-11-2010

Quote:
PhoenixBomb:
Why is Shen a tank? I mean, he's a ninja! Master of stealth and assassination! He's got swords on his back and he throws knives and can dash like whoo!

Cmon Riot, for srs.

It's just a game.

TheKillerWolf

06-11-2010

but why do ppl go ap is my question DL gets higher dam from AD and it makes harassing easier early game and if the rylais thing is a big deal why not just buy it later?