Nidalee's Javelin Toss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

I recently had the misfortune of laning against Nidalee and her Javelin Toss has crazy long range (she can hit you with it without even appearing on your screen), does ridiculous damage (take off a third of my health in one hit WITH magic resist? come on!), and it has a short cooldown. Seriously, WTF? It beats the living **** out of every other skillshot nuke in the game.

And yes it's potentially jukable and can be blocked by minions, but that's not enough of a drawback if she's aiming with reasonable accuracy.

ConspiracyTh3ory

10-09-2011

L2 dodge is all I can say, she's not broken at all.

N0vaFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

It doesn't matter how well she aims it, it can't be everywhere at once. There's always somewhere you can run to.
And considering that it's about an inch wide, you can probably get out of the way as it SLOWLY crawls towards you.

That Other Guy

10-09-2011

Like most people I can dodge some, but not all; not everyone has lightning fast reflexes. Plus on a melee if I stay back far enough to dodge all the time I can't kill minions now can I? That thing has 1500 range FFS; every other skillshot is 1000 range. Plus it has up to 195% AP; who else has a skill with a ratio anywhere near that?

Sagee Prime

10-09-2011

yeah and it does more damage the further you are away. pro tip stand in your minions so she can't use it against you and you can farm. If she comes out to harass with abilities smash her face in from close range. Aggressive players normally smoke the pants off Nidalee

Yueth

10-09-2011

Seriously? Yeah, the spear deals tons of damage, but no matter how good she aims if you stand behind minions it just won't hit. Besides, it has one of the lowest proyectile speeds ever.

That Other Guy

10-09-2011

Melee = can't stand behind minions to farm and if I'm farming minions I can't juke usually. At any rate I'd be happy if they just brought her range down to 1000 with everyone else's; then she can't just do stupid high damage from so far away you can't possibly retaliate. It's ridiculous for her range to be 50% higher than every other skillshot.

Sagee Prime

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
Melee = can't stand behind minions to farm and if I'm farming minions I can't juke usually. At any rate I'd be happy if they just brought her range down to 1000 with everyone else's; then she can't just do stupid high damage from so far away you can't possibly retaliate. It's ridiculous for her range to be 50% higher than every other skillshot.

ok so it has to go less distance to do max damage. lol good luck melee.

It doesn't matter that she is range. Every melee solo should rape Nidalee in lane and if you are getting derped to death by Javelins your doing something wrong. run towards her if you are having problems dodging them. They do less damage at close range.

That Other Guy

10-09-2011

It's like I said she can toss em from so far away that you can't go after her and you can't dodge em all. Heck I can be running back and without her even being on my screen all of a sudden this Javelin comes flying at me and knocks a huge chunk of health off. I'll freely admit I need to get better at juking skillshots but Nidalee's range is still ridiculous.

Urrelles

10-09-2011

You can farm behind your minions as a melee. Stop going forward trying to get reckless last hits. I hate to break it to you but you are gonna have to adjust your farming style to fit her.

You should have no problem dodging her spear if you stay amongst your minions. If she is close to you the spear does little damage. If you are far away in the back lines you should be able to dodge it or allow your minions to take the hit. If she is pushing on your tower you should be focused on dodging her attack more than killing the wave of minions on your tower. That is the time to charge her if she is pecking at your tower.

Level 6 is when she becomes a problem because she can then free farm easily while regaining mana. Before that you should have no problems with her.

........Why is a melee character soloing mid against a ranged expert anyways? Only a few characters can pull that off. Kat, Akali, Talon, Kassadin, Pantheon. IF you are trying to outfarm mid as Tryn against Nid, you are pretty stupid to even try.