Is Ashe useless???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DogOfThunder

09-23-2009

I just recently started playing with Ashe. Her ult is awesome, especially when I got to solo mid and would send it flying top/bottom. Nothing makes me happier then seeing that an ally got a kill and then the "nice shot ashe!" comment popping up. :-)

Blind firing up the middle lane, which I believe someone here mentioned, can also really, really annoy the opposing team. There's a very good chance you'll hit someone, and late enough, you'll take a ranged creep wave at the same time.

Love Ashe as dps/support. Right up there with Gangplank and Rammus as my favorites.

Mad Rar

09-23-2009

ashe was the carry of choice for a long while, but it seems that recently she's been taking an effectiveness back seat to corki / trist / cardmaster (who is only being played currently because of glitch). Like the aforementioned comments, she's 'cookie cutter,' and her moves are predictable and a bit droll. I think the gradual addition of other unique champs with abilities that bring new synergies to the table (blitz, malphite, katrina) ashe is pushed a bit off the table.

But, farm her up, and yea she'll wallop you still.

friedrice7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2009

I personally really enjoyed playing as Ashe. The trick is getting your attack power up. It seemed to me that not very many of the recommended items gave a boost to this, so when though my Ashe is getting a crit nearly 100% of the time, 140 dmg just isn't going to cut it.

So, first tip, buy some items to boost the AP.

2nd, realize that Ashe is a gold digger. I think one of the spells gives you up to 5g extra per kill, which is decent. But combine that with an item that gives you 5g per 10 secs, and suddenly you have a 5g icon floating over your head all the time.

3rd, realize that unless you are really good at farming, you probably aren't going to solo with Ashe. But the ice arrows and the ult stun spell will make it extremely easy to 2 person just about any hero.

All in all, Ashe just depends on what you want to do. I think there are far worse heros like that pirate guy

Ydriel

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedrice7 View Post
All in all, Ashe just depends on what you want to do. I think there are far worse heros like that pirate guy
I find that after the patch, Gangplank has actually become really viable. Oh, and AP=Ability Power xP

Piranha Petunia

09-24-2009

You need to stat playing good pirate guys then.

ZGBudai

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obisean View Post
You need to stat playing good pirate guys then.
Recently went 5 - 1 - 23 with pirate. People don't quite grasp how awesome of a gank support that gangplank is.

Piranha Petunia

09-24-2009

An AoE slowing (crawling?) ult with that much radius and cast range is a game winner if used right.

AI Assimilator

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedrice7 View Post
I personally really enjoyed playing as Ashe. The trick is getting your attack power up. It seemed to me that not very many of the recommended items gave a boost to this, so when though my Ashe is getting a crit nearly 100% of the time, 140 dmg just isn't going to cut it.
Exactly. The ashe build I go for crits for over 500 damage at level 11-12 already. Notice how most builds mentioned actually focus primarily on AS/crit and only later on damage over primarily damage/crit. Which is flawed.

Disadvantages of getting heaps of AS and barely any damage build:
-frost arrow being used more often meaning your wasting more mana (not saying it should be active at all times, but it should be on when chasing heroes). It would be okay if frost arrow actually needed to hit that often to successfully cc or if it stacked, but it doesnt need either of those.
-volley does less damage than a ashe that focuses on damage and obviously having higher AS doesnt mean volley can be used more often than its cd.

not stating that AS is useless, but it shouldnt be more important than damage for ashe.