Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Brand vs Kass

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ohyeah21

10-09-2011

Last night i was playing and due to my team comp i ended up taking brand mid lane against the other teams Kass. I dont usually have the opportunity to mid lane, seeing as i'm generally content with playing a variety of champs and filling out the needed roles on our team, but i'm learning brand and it worked out this way so i gave it a shot.

Early on it went really well. I was able to harrass him hard with W whenever he tried to last hit, i had prety easy last hits. I was dominating my lane, and was up by almost 30 cs on him. then trundle tried to gank, and forced me to B for the first time. i figured it was ok, i need to buy anyway. so i called one of our double lane champs to mid and i bought some stuff and headed back

as i returned kass hit level 6 and it spiraled from there. he began owning me. It was a complete reversal. his riftwalk->silence combo was destroying me. I wasn't dieing, but i couldnt even get near the minions. I was forced to resort to using my skills to hit minions which forced me to b more often because of oom. my build was start dorans ring, first time back bought dorans#2 and lvl1 boots. my question is, how does a brand lane against a kass effectively?

hiddeneagle

10-09-2011

kass rapes casters

Shikuya

10-09-2011

In that lane setup, your only hope is to harrass him at range and hope he doesn't ult onto you and harrass back. If that happens, switch with your ad to take on Kass.

BigHue

10-09-2011

You don't lane effectively against Kass as a caster, that's the point of him being mid.

Kawako

10-09-2011

Yeah kass is an anti ap assassin your best bet there was to put an ad mid or just try to keep near your turret.

NoMonku

10-09-2011

You can't lane against a competent Kass as an AP champ because Kass is an AP assassin. He silences, hits you a bit, and riftwalks out before you can do any damage to him. If you have greater range then him, which most casters do I think, you can harass him until he's level 6 and then he'll just beat on you since he has riftwalk.

Barbarian J

10-09-2011

The exact opposite happens to me all the time (I often play Kassadin). Kassadin has a very poor first few levels. Until he can get his Riftwalk, and a few levels in both his Q and E, you are going to continue to win your lane. Something I've found hurtful is when the enemy caster runs out of mana. Since his E needs seven charges to use, and his abilities are really only good against champions, NOT farming can hurt him. If you rely on your auto attacks to last hit, it'll reduce his damage ability by a lot.

If you have him, you might also want to try playing Vladimir against Kassadin. Vlad can use Sanguine pool to get away from Null Sphere, and negate the silence.

KnightOfSilence

10-09-2011

I'm on the other side of your story. I'm a kass player and I occasionally go against brand at mid. At the first few levels 1-5, I've learned to dodge that flame floor circle thing, and then follow up with my Q and back out. By moving around constantly it's hard for brand's to hit me, I always get boots for when there is a brand, not doing that is simply dumb. At lv 6, as many have said, kass owns and he destroys mid.

Edit: pro-Kass players (like me) own.

Jesuszilla

10-09-2011

Quote:
PsyonicB:

Edit: pro-Kass players (like me) own.

A little egotistical don't you think, but yes the best way to counter a champion that is geared for doing only one thing is to counter pick him. Having an AD cahmpion with decent defenses counters kassadin easily, as does anyone with higher regen or some sort of shield, such as xin's passive or morgana.

A lot of times I find building early last hits and harrass on him, with coordinated ganks works well. Try baiting him into a bad position if you know you can put more pressure on him or if you jungler is ready to gank. Kassadin players love to get cocky versus mages they would normally dominate even below level 6. The idea of a mage playing into your silences is huge bait, and more devastating when they cant riftwalk to safety.

If you get 1-2 levels on a Kass and significantly higher cs try building some health items early on, especially on a champion like brand who's base damage is very high and therefor less reliant on heavy AP early game. getting a giant's belt early agaisnt a team with 1-2 assasins and champions with weaker sustained damage can really turn tides. You can then use this to build a fast rylai's which can be useful for stopping kassadins trying to riftwalk out of fights.

abC TowN

10-10-2011

Magic Resistance or New lane.