Fix your ****ing matchmaking system already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BzalBot

10-09-2011

So season 2 has arrived and I was hoping riot would do something about the biggest issue with the game. The matchmaking system.

How in gods name did you program this monstrosity? I'm an amutuer programmer but I'd knock together a bettter matchmaking system in about an hour.

I'm only lvl 29 on this account with 180 or so wins yet there is some serious mismatches almost every second game.

Examples in the last 10 games. Enemy team all lvl 30, average wins of 800. My team , 3 lvl 30s, a lvl 24 and me with average wins of 250.

It's not simply elo either. This was on the back of 8 losses in 10 games, theres no way I had the same elo as 1100 win lvl 30's. I also had 4 leavers on my team in those 10 games. None on the enemy team.

Just bad luck? I don't think so. As I had a good winning streak before this happened. I've noticed this trend in both ranked and normal games. My main account was permabanned for raging at players when really my rage should have been directed at riot.

The game is supposed to match you with similar skilled players against similar skilled players. It toally fails at both. You need to realise that the matchmaking system is an issue that needs to be addressed asap.

I'm sick to death of getting angry with my team who are clearly not the same skill level as me. It's only normal games and i'm not tryharding but I expect some common sense from my team. Understanding if you have a stronger level 1 team and can invade their jungle, giving good leashes and protection to your own jungler, warding or just generally playing smart.

If the matchmaking system worked like it should, after winning streaks I should be matched with better people, not just against better people.

If this was addressed you would have a lot less reports of verbal abuse and harrassment and would make the game a lot more enjoyable. As it stands it's broken.

Xenophobed

10-09-2011

Dont worry friend

League of legends is a rip off of DOTA. Even the maps everything pretty much.

DOTA2 Is in beta and will destroy League of legends. =D

DivinehealsTV

10-09-2011

"I'm an amutuer programmer but I'd knock together a bettter matchmaking system in about an hour"
-BzalBot

So do it. Send them your new and improved MMSystem.
And it's spelled amateur.

DivinehealsTV

hypernewby

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenu View Post
"I'm an amutuer programmer but I'd knock together a bettter matchmaking system in about an hour"
-BzalBot

So do it. Send them your new and improved MMSystem.
And it's spelled amateur.
Quote:
void matchMake(unsigned int queueTime, unsigned int elo, unsigned int level, Player &p) {
Game[ rand()%Game.size() ].add( p );
if( Game.size() == 10 ) Game.pop();
}
This is a proposed highly theoretical system that is a marginally better system than the current, although the fine details are still being worked out.

I'll get back to Riot when I work out the fine details.