Katarina Vs. Akali

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turntekGodhead

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackovs View Post
No, Akali scales VERY well after Lichbane.
Fixed.

Akali feels like she takes more work than kat for less effectiveness. It reminds me of, uh, I dunno, Annie vs any other caster.

xSilverdawn

06-11-2010

Maining Akali, I feel that, before lvl 6, I feel very, very squishy. But once I get to 6, I start to get really good, ganking mid and coming back and pushing like a biitch.

One thing I havent seen yet is the comparison between their pushing power. Akali is a TRUE NINJA. She can backdoor so well its ridiculous. Twilight Shroud allows you to completely by pass a group of enemy creeps, so I use it often to backdoor the other team's base. Akali is a very sneaky biotch.

But I would really like to try this Tankali and Jungling I've been hearing about. If anyone can redirect me to some sort of guide it would be ridiculously helpful.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=118122&page=4

that's my tank build, in particular.

Patyrn

06-11-2010

Quote:
As you guys move up bracket-wise, you will start to see your brother do a bit worse. Intelligent players CC'ing Death Lotus will cripple him while Akali will stay somewhat strong.
Actually kat is extremely popular high elo. Alkali is terrible. The damage alkali can do to one target kat can do to 3, while being tanky, and healing debuffing the whole enemy team.

Kat works especially well in the current metagame where most teams focus on heals\shields rather than disables.

WhiteKnight

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonyan View Post
It's funny people keep naming katarina soloing mid as a strength for her, because I've soloed mid with Akali quite a few times and I find it quite easy. Two of those times I was actually against guess who? Katarina. I find by level 6 you're about even and if you do a good job baiting her ult you can get an easy kill.

It's also easy to play defencively and last hit with your q while using shroud defencively to keep them away from your tower if they try to push(Though against kat you don't even have to - if you q+hit her every time she shunpos you you'll be fine, especially with minions targeting her). You get level 6 quick and when you do thats when you shine, not many champs can push you around after that. The key thing here is to really know how to use shroud properly.
Bait Kat into ulti, shroud during ulti, DEAD KAT. LOLz rinse and repeate. I own Kat's EVERY TIME 1v1. Never been beaten by a Kat 1v1, and i'm not all that good.

If you are only good with 1 champ in the game, any champ, but you know the skills and general play style of ALL other champs, you are at least near equal footing with any other champ (i.e. Kassadin vs Soraka, Soraka should run...) Called choosing your battles wisely.

Anyways, BOTH kat and akali are all around decent champions if played right. Both have different strengths. Kat is one of THE STRONGEST early game champs by her abilities and mostly her base stats for survivability which are better than some tanks.

FizzeIl

06-11-2010

Sunfire shaco, or katarina

Reivur

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT777 View Post
Wait, you mean people other than me are finally building tank akali?

This is news to me.
Come to think of it, you're the reason I go Tankali once in awhile. Other than you I've only seen it one other time though.

Kaelthas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

Well, honestly, I believe that Akali is way better early on. Sure she can also be great late game but her overall dps cannot beat Katarina's death lotus. Katarina can do good ap or ad just like Akali can. I believe that both champions are nearly the same in a sense. They both have good dps. They both have a function like shunpo/shadow dance. (Is it shadow dance? I haven't played Akali in a while.) If you put Shaco into the equation we have a person that can escape a lot easier. But all these champions have a shunpo function. IMO In order of importance. Shaco -> Katarina -> Akali.

JunKx

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Bait Kat into ulti, shroud during ulti, DEAD KAT. LOLz rinse and repeate. I own Kat's EVERY TIME 1v1. Never been beaten by a Kat 1v1, and i'm not all that good.

If you are only good with 1 champ in the game, any champ, but you know the skills and general play style of ALL other champs, you are at least near equal footing with any other champ (i.e. Kassadin vs Soraka, Soraka should run...) Called choosing your battles wisely.

Anyways, BOTH kat and akali are all around decent champions if played right. Both have different strengths. Kat is one of THE STRONGEST early game champs by her abilities and mostly her base stats for survivability which are better than some tanks.
kats ult goes through shroud
it hits everybody in range regardless of invis or anything

Puppeteeer

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
kats ult goes through shroud
it hits everybody in range regardless of invis or anything
this!

I wish Kat couldn't hit EVERYTHING during her Ult.

12345678 ... 10