Should the fountain or its laser be moved farther from the Nexus turret?

Yes 31 54.39%
No 26 45.61%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Fountain Placement Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

After playing 2 hour long games in a row, I realized just how bad this can really be. The other team simply holed up in the fountain for 30 minutes (they also had a blitzcrank). Moving the fountain or just its laser will decrease the ridiculous turtling that can occur.

infinite azure

10-08-2011

Another option would be putting the tower on the other side of the nexus, which is why this doesn't happen in 5v5.

rayoul

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
Another option would be putting the tower on the other side of the nexus, which is why this doesn't happen in 5v5.
never taught about it but that might not be a bad plan ........

I answered yuuus to this proposition and upvoted ur azz .........

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

if they moved the tower behind the nexus you could shoot it over the wall

good job chimpy

10-09-2011

personally i think they should move it closer to the wall, but make it so that you cannot move/flash/attack through the wall

rayoul

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
if they moved the tower behind the nexus you could shoot it over the wall
yhea ..... kog, caith, and others could just ward across and shoot trough the wall.......ur right ...

bad idea then

infinite azure

10-09-2011

They need to push the fountain further back, slide the nexus a bit to a bit before where the fountain was then put the tower on the other side, to clarify, so you can't shoot it over the wall, but would have to be pushed through the nexus to be fountained.

Caladrius

10-09-2011

Having been on both sides of the "Super turtle by kiting minions into the fountain and healing to full every 5s" I'd have to agree with moving the fountain and shrine turret farther away from the nexus turret. Perhaps not as far away as the SR fountain and nexus turrets, but farther away than it is now, so that it isn't as easy to turtle that hard.

On the other hand, as long as you have someone tanky enough you can take down the nexus turret pretty quick, since there's only 1.

BraveryBeyond

10-09-2011

I'd prefer both the Nexus and turret being moved farther away from the fountain. This is why it works in SR, this is why it'd work in TT. Wards can't be placed over a wall so there's no hanging out around the outer wall, warding and shooting in. Spells don't hurt a Nexus, so you can't use skillshots for range. Flashing in is the only "problem", but that's already a "problem" that makes it easier for the winning team to finish.

That being said, fountain turrets have never been why I've won a turtle-fest in base, I just hate it when you get led into turret range while chasing because you used a jump skill to hit an enemy and they just made it within turret range.

Also acceptable: reduce the turret range!

Captain Kopp

10-13-2011

bumping because theres a lot of posts