[Suggestion] Allow groups of 6 to 9 to enter matchmaking together.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectifier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

As the title states.

I've noticed that when having a group between five and ten people, summoners are being left out of games that their friends play unless they use a clunky custom game interface. To solve this issue, allowing the client to handle groups larger than five people and put them into matchmaking together would make a bunch of gamers happy, encourage more social gaming, and intuitively makes sense.

For example, you have a group of 6 people, normally you have to either let that person go or start a custom game and hope someone out of your elo doesn't join.

With a system that can handle a group of 5 or larger, you could set up the teams before the game even starts, and let matchmaking handle the empty spots.

So with that same example of 6 players, 3 could go on one team, and 3 on the other, and nobody would feel left out of the group.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

What my group does in those situations is simply break up into 2 groups to queue as. You guys are gonna end up in different groups anyway if you're on different sides in the same game.

Rectifier

10-08-2011

From my point of view having different teams but the same game, so you can be more social with your friends, is better than two different games entirely.

Dred Pyrate

Master Recruiter

10-09-2011

It won't happen, for good reason. Too easy to intentionally feed on one side.

Rectifier

10-09-2011

You can do that in any custom game, but those still exist.