Item Lore: Bloodthirster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

10-08-2011

I looked around for a bit, and I really didn't find much on the topic of the popular item known as the Bloodthirster. So, I decided to write up some Lore for it. Here goes!

The Bloodthirster, historically, first came into use by the Noxian Necromancers. It was designed to siphon the blood out of the wounds it afflicted, converting it into magical energy that healed the user. The runes carved into its hilt had the simple function of enchanting the blade so that the further a user delved into the fray, the sharper its edge became and the more blood it drained away to heal the user.

Only an elite few used the Bloodthirster in the Demacia-Noxus wars, but they were almost unstoppable berserkers. At the end of the war, the Bloodthirster design was retired and put to rest. Recently, though, the League of Legends deemed the Bloodthirster to be a potent weapon, worthy of use by the champions. With some modifications to the runic powers, the Bloodthirster was inducted into the League, giving champions an easy way to thrive in battle.

I think that's about it. Read it, modify it, make up your own lore, I don't care. This is a Bloodthirster thread, lets make it popular!

-Jaykoboy, the Dragon's Hero-

Sillybro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Well this is my interpretation:

---------------------------------------------

The Bloodthirster, a demonic weapon that was left on the steps of the institute, with mutliple journals and pictures of missing or dead people by the side of the sword. The summoners handled the weapon with caution as they feel a maleficent aura around it. After sealing it into an runic tomb where they store items not yet introduced into the league, the summoners started reading the journals.

One of the journals was by the legendary warrior, Johann Du Torevalksvain, who was able to wipe an army of thousands all by himself. In the journal, Johann described that he, who was originally a Noxus noble, was betrayed by his servants and so-called friends and was left onto the street to die. Then a man with a dark brown cloak approached Johann when he was near his deathbed, and said, "Do you wish to live? Do you wish to have revenge? Then take this weapon and let it guide you. I have no more to offer for it, please, take it." The shadowy figure then disappears with nothing but a cloak left. Johann looks at the blade, wondering if he can really do it, when the weapon started to echo the words in Johann's mind, "Feed me...... Blood, kills....... let me..... Kill......." Thinking he have nothing to lose, Johann took the blade and he blanks out for a few seconds. The he said in a demonic tone, "Yes....I shall feed......." After taking the cloak left behind, Johann left the streets, leaving no trail behind.

The rest of the entries are just about how Johann killed all who have taken part in the fall of his nobility. Then near the end of the journal, the last entry described that after Johann killed everyone who he have revenge on. He have nothing to live for, since his loved ones are already gone, and he was wanted by the government. Johann reflects upon his actions and a single drop of tear drips down his cheek as he whispered, "...What have I done......." The rest of the page are all stained with dried up crimson red blood.

The summoners flip through the pages to see if there's anymore entries. At the last page, they saw the last words of Johann, "To all who wants revenge, do not tempt yourself with the weapon. For it shall control you, and will always kill for its thirst of blood. Please, I beg of you."

The summoners discussed what they should do with the weapon, and they decided to make a lesser replica of the original and to be inplemented in the league. Although it is a replica, it's power is still formidable.

To this day, at the deepest corner of the league. The blade still whispers, "Feed me.... blood........ Kills...... Let me..... kill......."

------------------------------

That's just my thinking, and if anyone wants to improve it or add new entries for Johann, then do w/e~..... So... am I suppose to make like a catchphrase at the bottom or something?

-Sillybro, "Bro, you are silly!"-

Jaykoboy

10-08-2011

Oh, no, the catchpharse is just my thing. Actually, it's more of a title. I have 'The Champion Production Line,' 'The Conceded,' 'The Dragon's Shadow,' and a bunch more. And that's an awesome backstory! Great job, bro.

belthazor3457

10-08-2011

The bloodthirster was summoned by Chaos lord Krull. It was summoned during the battle for Lorn V.

"By the worm eye that bleeds in all the dark places, by the wound that never heals, I summon you - BLOODTHIRSTER! FROM THE DARKEST DEPTHS OF THE WARP!"

The bloodthirster is a special blade entrusted to the most capable servants of the Blood God, Khorne. The bloodthirster blade absorbs the blood of its victims to grant it more power and to empower the individual using it with the blessing of the Blood God. When the bloodthirster blade absorbs enough blood for a fitting sacrifice to Khorne, the champion can summon a bloodthirster demon.

"I am destruction incarnate!"

"They are but gnats before me!"

"Your souls will be MINE!"

Despite the rituals of Chaos being quite fair, and all being slain to collect blood for the blood god, strong and weak, rich and poor, honest and decietful, the League - which obtained a number of bloodthirster swords by accidentally opening a dimensional gateway to the warp one day and encountering a chaos champion - saw it fit to restrict the strength of the bloodthirster sword in the interest of not opening a warp portal on Runeterra, which would probably result in the world being consumed by chaos - and so we have the current, "nerfed" state of the bloodthirster sword.

However, were these suppressions to be removed, the bonuses would be based off how many champions you have slain or participated in slaying, rather than mostly based off of minion kills and deaths. You would have to consistently participate in killing champions to retain your bonuses, which would be much more substantial than they are now. Should you obtain a 10 killstreak, you would be able to summon a bloodthirster demon.

The bloodthirster demon is summoned, sacrificing the blood gathered to the bloodthirster sword, and will destroy everything in its path, periodically consuming both friendly and enemy minions to make itself more powerful.

AleksdMomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

i liked the sillybro´s lore :3

YamiBelgarath

10-08-2011

Belthazor...I really don't think that the 40k universe should collide with the Runeterran one. That would be crazy- fun to RP, perhaps, but absolutely crazy. Roboute Guilliman vs Tryndamere anyone? Lol

Sillybro

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksdMomo View Post
i liked the sillybro´s lore :3
Awwwwww shucks, thank you ^^ (blushes)

belthazor3457

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
Belthazor...I really don't think that the 40k universe should collide with the Runeterran one. That would be crazy- fun to RP, perhaps, but absolutely crazy. Roboute Guilliman vs Tryndamere anyone? Lol
I was thinking Yarrick VS old school Gangplank

Or maybe Commissar Holt.

Jaykoboy

10-08-2011

bump

Sillybro

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
bump
Can you really bump your own thread 0.0?