Suggestion for spectator mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrmidont

10-09-2011

Green Red is way too iconic and instilled into my gaming mind for me to want to change it just cuz.

Red is dead

Green and health is just too closely associated in my noodle.

Daemonium Noctis

10-09-2011

While watching IPL I similarly had an idea. Would it be somehow possible to show which CV is which on the minimap? All we see now are the revealed circles but we don't see if it's a defensive CV or is someone gonna go invade there or what's happening...

Tho I guess we could just check the CV CDs on the supports...

Myrmidont

10-10-2011

Couldnt they do an opacity cross hatching thing for vision? That way you know who's seeing what but you can also see who is still hidden in those close encounters.... could just limit it to the mini map...

One going left -right one going up n down.... do it as a very slight grey and boom you've got something that helps the viewer while not being to clashing.... it could also only really be visible at the edges with fading opacity on the inside so that lots of major fights wont be too clouded up via the opacity.... if they got to do it in a way that it was on the ground and minimap it would look pretty cool.

Like there's a current cloud type sort of overlay on the ground slowly moving why not do something similar but with cross hatching...really understated but if you wanted to know you could look at it to check.

Kirahvii

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidont View Post
Couldnt they do an opacity cross hatching thing for vision? That way you know who's seeing what but you can also see who is still hidden in those close encounters.... could just limit it to the mini map...

One going left -right one going up n down.... do it as a very slight grey and boom you've got something that helps the viewer while not being to clashing.... it could also only really be visible at the edges with fading opacity on the inside so that lots of major fights wont be too clouded up via the opacity.... if they got to do it in a way that it was on the ground and minimap it would look pretty cool.

Like there's a current cloud type sort of overlay on the ground slowly moving why not do something similar but with cross hatching...really understated but if you wanted to know you could look at it to check.
I like this idea, if I understand right the map could be looking something like this:

*******http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/visionedmap.png/********

Well it was done quickly with screenshot from stream + paint.net, so it might not look so good, but the idea seems good.

Meant to put uncolored area, where the vision from blue and purple overlap, altho it doesn't show up in the pic.