Suggestion for spectator mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirahvii

10-08-2011

Just watching the IGN pro league tournament, and I thought several things, that could be improved.

1) The gold gained font could be shown as the color of the team. (not so important tho)

2) I kinda wish, that I could actually see how many barons/dragons each team has gotten somewhere in the interface. Kinda same as on top you can see how many towers the team has taken down. Now surely you can actually see which team gets the gold, so it isn't so bad, but for example if you do not watch the game from the beginning, it would be nice to know how many dragons/barons each team has taken.

Ruskraaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

The Purple Team should be Pink Team instead, so pings and units are easier to see on streams.
(and of course much more manly and fabulous)

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

10-08-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskraaz View Post
(and of course much more manly and fabulous)
But what would happen if someone picks Taric?

GenericPeter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
But what would happen if someone picks Taric?
>not playing as 5th age taric
I seriously hope you don't do this.

Verosce

10-09-2011

I always thought that spectator mode would be better if the health bars showed up as purple and blue. Showing one team as red just kind of automatically paints them as the bad guys, y'know?

LiegeWaffles

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosce View Post
I always thought that spectator mode would be better if the health bars showed up as purple and blue. Showing one team as red just kind of automatically paints them as the bad guys, y'know?
Well, both the mini-map and the kill callouts are now blue-purple, while IIRC they were still red-green the last time I saw spectator mode,
so I guess there's progress on that front...

Zielmann

10-09-2011

I love that on the minimap, they changed things to being blue/purple. But I would like to see even the HP bars be team colored, rather than red/green. Wards, too.

It's more neutral if you set it up as team colors rather than red/green. At the onset of a match, if it's between two teams that I don't know (or if I just don't care who wins), I always find myself rooting for the green team because I'm used to seeing my allies as green.

Rayven

UX Designer

10-09-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
I love that on the minimap, they changed things to being blue/purple. But I would like to see even the HP bars be team colored, rather than red/green. Wards, too.

It's more neutral if you set it up as team colors rather than red/green. At the onset of a match, if it's between two teams that I don't know (or if I just don't care who wins), I always find myself rooting for the green team because I'm used to seeing my allies as green.
Agreed on all points. Both are on the backlog with floating champion health frames coming sooner than any in-game models/particles which need to be changed.

RapidEyeMovement

10-09-2011

I definatly would like to give my support to OP's #2 idea. How many times does it happen that casters have to comment "Wait, who got dragon there? I think purple did? Maybe it was blue...hang on...can you buy a doran's blade plz? Let me just calculate the gold here...hmm...."

I think a dragon counter on the HUD is needed :P

Even out of spectator mode. You sometimes wonder if your team got dragon or not. Would be nice to have a counter for dragon in-game. Probably a counter that only shows you how many dragons your own team got. Don't want to remove the possibility of enemy team doing dragon secretly.

Loganos

10-09-2011

Those colors are still very close though. I would go for red /blue... but that's just me, I guess.