Kaj'naar, the Living Evolution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petyr Baelish

09-28-2012

I don't mind if Riot uses my champion for inspiration as long as they don't ruin it. I was worried Kha'Zix would toggle passives and steal my design space, but he didn't and he is actually a fun champ to play, just got him in game. Game of Thrones FTW.

@Epsilaun: Criticism is the only way for me to improve. You are right about the shred - it is too strong with a team. I am going to change it so it only helps him, not his team. As for the builds, he can deal as much damage as Jax in a sustained fight, and more AoE than Jax, but he lacks a gap closer, which makes him inherently weaker for cleaning up or initiating. While Kaj'naar makes a great tanky DPS, he can never be a true tank because he lacks initiation. And remember that everyone has base MR, so he will never actually be doing 20% over 3 seconds.

Osprii

11-19-2012

The fact that Kha'zix changes appearance with his abilities seems a lot like this champion. However, I came up with a champion that has one ability very, very similar to Kaj'naar's toggle abilities, and I have never seen him before. One of their developers may have happened to see your champion and was influenced somewhat. Who knows? I'll give you one thing, the names sound similar.

Anyway, your champion seems pretty cool. A little bit like Udyr, but with the ability to combo the passives to customize your play style, and no actives. I like how you can pretty much make Kaj'naar a totally different champion with a button presses.

I'm no expert at balancing the numbers, so I don't have much to offer to a champion this far along in editing.

However, Basilisk Eyes on his ultimate does have on issue, maybe. The only thing that it improves with level is the critical chance it grants Kaj'naar. For an ultimate, that is fairly poor leveling. Perhaps his stun duration or the time in between stuns can level as well? As it stands, a 10% additional crit chance is far worse than gaining 100 additional damage every 8 seconds. This might meant that Basilisk Eyes are very powerful at level 6 and weaker at level 16.

Also, I know you don't want Kaj'naar to have a gap closer so he can have very good DPS and tankiness, perhaps you could give him a movement speed boost on one of his abilities, maybe the defensive one? I'm thinking of Garen when I say this, a great tanky DPS champ with a powerful movement speed boost.

That last one is just a suggestion. Anyway, very cool concept. Thumbs up and a bump, definitely.

Petyr Baelish

11-19-2012

The fact is, he has a 40% permaslow. This would be very strong, except that he has to stay in range for 4 attacks to achieve it. Giving him a gap closer would make him nearly inescapable, as he could reliably get 4 stacks of Crippling Poison. Move speed boosts are great for melee tanky DPS, but on a sustained mage? Or a ranged AD carry with CC? Doesn't work as well.

Stuns are typically the same power level regardless of what stage of the game you are in. 10% crit chance is more than you might think (100% of your AD every 10 auto-attacks), but you are going to want to level Dragonmaw anyway.

Petyr Baelish

06-21-2013

Look at this champion I made! He's just a rip-off of Zac and Kha'Zix - except I made him long before either were released...