Kaj'naar, the Living Evolution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petyr Baelish

08-09-2012

Halved the healing on Trollscale Plating, but caused it to be tripled while in combat.

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

He doesn't evolve... He adapts. He should be the Living Adaptation

Lyria Eternal

09-09-2012

Flames of Terror here again Petyr. I honestly can't find any issues with this champion. I will have to take some time, and think about this carefully before I care really review this with any certainty.

Petyr Baelish

09-09-2012

If he is balanced enough to be implemented in game, would you play him? If not, what needs to be changed to make people want to play him? Would you find him fun to play as, and fun to play against?

Also, Kaj'naar is designed to inspire creative play. What items would you buy on him? What lane would you play him in? Why?

Skyhawke

09-14-2012

Hey Petyr, like FlamesofTerror, I am also having a hard time formulating a review right now. Here's one concern I have: You said that you wanted a champ who could promote a lot of different build paths, which is something that I also think is really cool. However, with the toggling passive nature of your champ, I think that once the player decides to itemize a certain way he will gain too much incentive to stay in one passive form and not switch in between (for example, after building ap he will want to stay in living projectiles and corrosive venom). When he's not switching, he becomes an all passive-ability champ. Therein lies my concern.

At the moment, I don't see him being fun to play as (admitably, this could just be personal style). While "adaptability" is his niche and is unique, it kind of makes him feel...scattered. It kind of feels like 8 wildly different skills on one champ and that doesn't let me feel connected to him. Something that might help here would be lore and a physical description.

And Petyr, don't get the wrong idea. I pointed out potential problems I see with this champ because I know you're a veteran at this, and I just want to let you know any criticisms that might help. It's not because I don't like the champ--I actually think he has a lot of good things going for him. I'll keep checking back in on this champ!

Petyr Baelish

09-14-2012

I see your point, he brings a wide range of effects that mix strangely, like a fire-breathing tree with acidic claws. As for not wanting to switch, every ability brings something useful even without being itemized for it (except maybe Dragonmaw as an AD carry, which shows that it should be changed). I am going to put in animations now, and that might help, he is a green ooze that grows various parts. As for lore, I am having a hard time putting a personality on this guy, it is hard to relate to a green ooze, and that is a flaw in itself.

Criticisms are what helps, a paragraph of compliments tells me nothing. Thank you.

Skyhawke

09-15-2012

Hmmm I agree that the whole "ooze thing" might just be a flaw that's impossible to overcome. Maybe if you played up the angle that he has these uncontrollable transformations and kind of give him this tortured personality? And that he has to join the league because something about it (rune crystals? magic potions? being controlled by summoner?) helps give him a bit more control over the situation?

MageErzaScarlet

09-17-2012

save up ip and get ready to buy that champ sounds really similar

Epsilaun

09-17-2012

I know this is older post that you linked after last champ pic released but, im gonna have to give honest opinion

Champ is utterly broken, yes im aware that the design of the champ is that he has no big moves, kinda like udyr or jayce or karma, but think about it,

tho dont get me wrong i like the creative idea, but it would never flow, at least not with those numbers.

you're giving a champ on of the strongest AR/MR shred (penetration itself would probably make those numbers too high, 35% is a lot) but shred means whole team gets it which is very big reason for concern as its both armor and mr, plus a fat sterioid to AS to top it off. add in an AOE udyr bear form or an effective AOE Jax (who with the ranked up q in melee form would not need to stack his AS up like jax has to) who either perma slows or does huge dmg DoT (it wouldnt take long for 4 hits for 20% max health over 3 seconds) and being able to pick a buff to wtv dmg the enemy is doing most of, lets go with all max dmg capabilities, then put him in an all AS build with some AD

he will have a constant+40% with an effective 35% shred for whole team, approx 6.3% of enemy max health per second, while regenning (if i read right) 30 health per second with no items, that increases the lower his health goes while in combat, doing an AOE jax every (with the AS he would have) probably about every 4 seconds
its like you took every possibly powerful on hit spells from champs and put them in 1 person, lets say you build him tanky now, keep the AS/shred, beneficial to team, keep the regen, go with slow poison, and AOE stun, now build him straight tank stacking HP and armor/MR with a frozen mallet as one of the HP items, he is now slowing people over 50% of their speed CONSTANTLY, more if he gets red buff, regenning HUGE HP cause now he has stacked HP for his regen stance to get super buffed from (not to mention spirit visage possiblity) while AOE stunning the enemy team every 10 seconds and then gaining 40% crit on them, meaning even if he doenst build much dmg his output is still large due to a MASSIVE crit chance considering he has no crit items

im sorry if i feel like a jerk bashing your idea but even if he has no large activated abilities, its like buffing all the auto attack stuff of other champs and putting it on 1 guy, im sorry i could not support this character being put in, at least, DEFINATLY not with these numbers you picked out

greypants

09-27-2012

I'm pretty sure the base idea of this champ you made was used for Kha' Zix, I mean just look at him. Not sure if riot has acknowledged you or they thought of the same concept coincidentally, still a good job. (Game of Thrones fan? )