Kaj'naar, the Living Evolution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalydyn

10-22-2011

Uhhm the toggles should all probably have more than a 1 second cooldown. Imagine if Udyr could switch between forms every 1 second? he would be insanely OP. Probably like 10 seconds to start going down to 5 or 6 seconds with max cdr and at max lvl.

Jaykoboy

10-23-2011

I was looking at the numbers again, and for his attack damage...+3.5 AD per level is crazy. Put that into 18, and you know what you get? +309 damage. You'll never have to buy a single AD weapon. Usually, you try to keep it around 2, maybe 2.5. It's amazing how much things stack. Be careful, always run the numbers through a calculator, and never give up. You will ALWAYS get flak from guys like me. I'm one of the nicer ones. Be careful.

Petyr Baelish

02-16-2012

3.5 x 18 = 63

Rolepgeek

07-13-2012

OOOOOHHHH you had the same idea Click!

Ohhhh I will destroy you with my FACE!

I think the idea is pretty good, but he should have relatively poor base stats to reflect that his abilities give him his power, since they're pretty strong. And they should have a cooldown as to how often he can switch, so he's killable by taking advantage of the weaknesses of whichever form he's taken.

EDIT: also, make the cooldown on the ultimate a lot longer, especially with how long it takes to switch. Like once every 30 seconds, and the delay is decreases by .2 seconds every time he autos. And it should only happen when he autoattacks so he can save it up to use right at the start of a fight.

Petyr Baelish

07-14-2012

My passive! I guess great minds think alike...

The problem with the cooldown idea is it would make it relevant which mode he was in when he picked it. The fact that the cooldown is global means he won't be able to switch everything every second. But I might move it up to 3 seconds global cooldown.

TheHarvestor

07-16-2012

the first part of his ult seems op to me. dealing 350 damage about every 6 seconds along with the high sustain against whatever hes attacking seems too powerful

another thing is he would come much less tanky in teamfights

last thing is i would build him AS so he could use his ults more often

dont trust this though im still kinda new

Petyr Baelish

07-17-2012

350 damage on a 6 second cooldown is average for a non-ultimate. Pure AS is strong, but it leaves him squishy for a sustained champ.

Petyr Baelish

07-25-2012

Remade his passive, moved crit chance to Basilisk eyes, added shred to Gouging claws.

RC Styx

08-05-2012

I have to say, to preface this, that this is one of the best ideas for a concept I've heardin a long time. That being said, it is relatively OP, just in terms of some numbers.

Q- I think these are pretty straightforward and good. Not a lot to add here.

W- Crippling Poison: I'm pretty much good with this ability, but consider lowering the slow percentage, this is a massive slow that can constantly applied... Even Ashe has a cost for her slow (and the slow isnt as significant a number)

Corrosive Venom: More or less Kog'Maw's W.... BUT WITHOUT A COOLDOWN. Its like having a free Madreds on him.
Consider nerfing this, just a little. I could MAYBE see (1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5) or something similar?

LOVE the E ability :P Trollscale may need lower health regen... I thought it was balanced when I was under the impression that thatw as the health regen PER 5 SECONDS that it granted. But it wouldnt need much. Still love this ability overall.

R- This is the big one. Dragonmaw has insanely high damage and effect for something that will be up constantly. I would either switch it to 8 autoattacks (instead of 8 seconds) as it will make it slightly less OP at the lower levels, or else associate some other kind of restriction on how often this will proc. It wont make him OP late game, but early game this will be deadly in lane.

Basilisk: This cant be a skill. Period. Having a permanent effect on a character that causes a relatively long duration stun every time someone attacks the character is undoubtably OP... Think about how this will effect ganks etcetera in the early game. Either switching it over to be characters that HE attacks, or sync in with abilities or something similar.

Remember, ult's are normally so OP because they have obscene cooldowns and high mana costs... Your ults are essentially passives. If you want to make them stronger, maybe increase the time to switch between them, and make there an On-Activation effect when switched (i.e. Dragonmaw might trigger automatically on the next 3 attacks, or BE could have its stun aura for the next 2 to 3 seconds or something similar)

I know its a lot of criticism, but I mean it in the most constructiveway possible. i love the idea, just needs some balance

Petyr Baelish

08-05-2012

Thank you Craigerm.

The fact that all of Kaj'naar's abilities are passives makes him very hard to balance, but it helps to compare them to an activateable ability with a cooldown.

Trollscale Plating is comparable to a 100 (+1.0 AP) (+5% Missing Health) heal on a 5 second cooldown. Dragonmaw is a 350 (+0.8 AP) cone nuke on a 5 or 6 second cooldown. Basilisk Eyes is a short-channel AoE stun on a 10 second cooldown that only hits people attacking him. Abilities like Corrosive Venom and Crippling Poison can be balanced off on-hit effects.

Some nerfs are coming, but remember that he does not get all of these abilities. He has to choose between the slow or the madreds, the nuke or the stun. His biggest advantage is sustainability, but his lack of burst is a major weakness. Criticism is always appreciated.