Fansite Round-Up: Dominion Reviews

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angeredmage

10-07-2011

I expected a lot more from you Riot for how long it took for you to release it. The beta was a waste since nothing noticeable changed. It's not that fun telling how people to play in an easier game mode

SillyG0000se

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

so can i be the first to say none of these sites have any credibility? They do not critique games, they feed off positive attention on LoL

lu´minosity

10-07-2011

dominion really really overrated its ok at times, but nothing to freak out about!

Sydney Losstarot

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHeart69 View Post
critics? i didnt see any of them in this review...
"you should definitely take a moment to check what these sites have to say." I think what they mean by that is; you should click on the link and see the full review, not just the 1 liner we extracted.

Faeric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Dominion suffers from some very severe imbalance issues, and certain champs absolutely break it - even if they are terrible - because of the way they are designed. Sometimes it's for the same reasons some champs are in Summoners Rift, othertimes its for entirely different reasons. There are many areas for mechanics abuse - again, some champs can litterally destroy this mode with them - and the game can be easily ruined by stun stacking your team.

There is a reason you see pretty much the same champs in every game, because NOT playing one of them means you are severely crippled in a lot of ways. Worse is the complete lack or strategy it takes to abuse some of them, which can take a lot of the fun out of the game mode for more strategic, or tactics based players.

The mode has potential, and sometimes - when not being abused, and lack of stun stacking isn't there - it can be fun. The fast pace, and frantic quick thinking nature is a nice change from the more heavy toned gameplay of SR; that being said, it needs a lot of work. Most of the problems, however, are balancing issues that may be impossible to fix, and we may have to continue to deal with in hopes that the "majority" of the matches we play are of the more balanced variety.

Brieezer

10-07-2011

I really like Dominion it gives me the chills when both teams are close too losing. And you can always say its not over". keep doing a good job and expect as the summoners(players) to enjoy all of it

XNoodleMuncher

10-07-2011

Are you serious?! Domion is the worst game mode to be playing in the worst possible ip and exp not even worth your time should just play 5v5 or bots =S

Macerate

10-07-2011

These reviews are as fair and balanced as Fox News.

Majiger

10-07-2011

Biased reviews are biased.

Good job Riot. You should review more stuff.

bathik

10-07-2011

Dominion is awsome i just wish u guys fix that lag in that game mode but ur probly allready working on it