Fansite Round-Up: Dominion Reviews

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerettaM92FS

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT335 View Post
its ok but some champs just benefit way better in dom than others....im looking at you ram, GP, akali. i still feel its still unbalanced any skill shot champ in dom is horrible in my experiences so far...(ex. lux, ashe) one thing i do like is u dont have to get kills to win so i guess thats a plus in my book.
You don't need kills to win TT either. I won a game with the kills being 26-72 (My team sucked [3 people using a champion for the first time, and one of those people playing first game of all time definitely didn't help], I had to carry us through the beginning. I got 17 kills before any one else on my team had one [love AP Galio, one of my best games]). In most cases the winning team does have more kills but not always and this game was an extreme example of that. Sorry to argue with you but I have nothing better to do right now. (The last patch messed up my game and it won't update past xerathmagechainsextended.lauobj) Well anyways have a good day and I wish you luck on the field of justice.

Tonxic

10-11-2011

It seems to be the same thing every game. Team A wins in the begining heavily(10), Team B comes back in Meta, and than 90percent of the time Team B wins.

FABIOForever

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erblat View Post
DotA 2 will be trash. It will look pretty and play almost exactly as DotA. Which is why it will fail. Costs money to play something that used to be free, plus you can just play LoL for free and have more diverse game play and champions.

Although HoN is a good example of ******s thinking that paying for a game means its better then others. So most of the player base will be stupid ******s that like spending money because IRL theres nothing going on in their life.

Don't forget that Valve is HORRIBLE when it comes to balance updates. Even a simple game like Left 4 Dead took them over a year to even get close to balancing, and they still never got it right. There were tons of exploitable map spots, punching zombies was too effective, smokers were completely useless, and there was no way to change difficulty level for versus games. These were all major flaws that players discovered in less than a week after release, and weren't touched until over 6 months after release or not at all.

Then there's Team Fortress 2, which has the most overly complex, asinine system of updates and unlocks I've ever seen in a game.

Think a team like that can handle a game as complex as DotA?

donkrx

10-11-2011

wait someone define the word critic for me

cause im def not sure what it means anymore

MON DecemberX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Dominion while having the potential to be a great game mode is actually severely disappointing. Dominion has several key flaws that just make the game seem like a joke to most players.

Experience/Gold--
Part of what people like with LoL is the tactical and strategical plans that ensure your teams victory. Beings as one of those tactics for most players is keeping your opponents at max range from the experience. This becomes not so useful in dominion where they can just can experience regardless, even when dead... Also on the gold front, starting at level 3 and with a substantial gold boost is just catering to underskilled players in my opinion.

Map Size--
The map size of dominion is also terrible. You can make it across the map in no time at all, and if you throw something like ghost or any other speed enhance, you could probably get to the other side faster than using teleport... The game would probably be better if they made the map anywhere from 1.5x to 2x bigger in size.

Neutral Monsters/ Random Buffs--
Decently done, but the random buffs located in the middle of the map are not necessary. If the random buffs were awarded for securing a tower instead on just running through the middle, it would probably increase the game significantly.

Gameplay--
This is the worst part of dominion hands down. Players don't fear dying so there is no defensive skill/ tactical skill to a safe retreat in this game mode. Beings as even while dead you're still progressing it just allows unskilled players to continue to turret dive without having to worry about increasing the strength of the enemy team as well as wait on a 60 second respawn time. The concept of capturing towers by channeling is also another bad mechanic. Because it doesn't allow you to fight off enemy champions, forcing you leave yourself vulnerable.

Overview--
Dominion is just not fun for players who prefer an actual player vs player challenge. It's at best a good side game for unskilled players who just care about killing their opponents as fast as possible. There are a few things that i believe would make dominion not only fun, but very challenging as well.

What I believe should change:
-Map size should be 2x as big
-Champions start at level 1 with 500 gold
-Towers should be captured with a 1 sec channel to subdue, then capture by remaining within a certain proximity
-No continuous experience
-Neutral buffs for capturing bases
-6 bases
-Normal death respawn times
-No item difference between SR, TT, and Dom

Account Name

10-11-2011

I love dominion!

Spectre543

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaveANiceDay View Post
"I like League. Eh caps points and doesn't afraid of anything."

-MrHaveANiceDay
Probably going to get downvotes for this, but I seriously can't figure out what the eff you're trying to say. Some sort of internet meme I'm unaware of?

The Neuromancer

10-12-2011

Gives me a great excuse to bust out POPPY

She's one of the fastest (with her gear) of any champ. and has a shortcool down ability (her 'W') which basically amounts to the summoner spell ghost (not as drastic but still solid speed and duration).

She's perfect for whipping around the map to sieze the moment wherever/whenever it arises. It's one thing to kill a bunch of enemy champions, but it's another to consistently capture their points without confrontation because they lack the mobility to respond quick enough, and they lack the man power to cover all their nodes.

Poppy gets in trouble? Then Poppy SMASH! She may be about the mobility in dominion, but she'll put out the hurt real quick if you try and stop her

I do agree that Dominion is fun, but because it requires a higher degree of percision in strategizing, it's even more obvious how chaotic the pick up group games are. After a while , and by a while I mean 4-5 matches, you start to feel that it's the same game of musical chairs despite the varied outcome.

exes4eyes

10-12-2011

make sure you don't post any critical reviews...

Nsaac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

first day dominion : i love this game mode
second day : i love dominion
third day : ....... i ll come back to normal games