A Simple Story, from a Simple Man...

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

We were at a LAN gaming hub, my team and I, up since midnight playing LoL. It was now 5am and the sun was just starting to come up. After many a game which was lost we felt discouraged and annoyed. We met met another team who had been practicing at the same hub. They requested a game and we could not refuse, why not? Its great practice. Then I met their leader. It wasn't the fact that their leader reminded me of myself - arrogant as all hell and trollish with a I-do-what-I-feel-like atttitude -, it was the fact that their leader reminded me of myself, yet was a female. She looked at our borders and almost scoffed "I'm higher elo than all of you." Epic music started playing in my head as I realised; I had to kill my female counterpart.

She looked around at our team with a higher-than-thou face and said without a mention of pity; "Which one of you virgins will I be owning in mid?". "That would be me." I said with nothing but masculinity booming from my voice, a few chuckles came, as expected, from my team mates as I was, in fact, the only virgin in our team. The thing saw something in my eyes - maybe confidence, maybe astonishing charisma -, but whatever it was it caused it to shrink back into its chair. I felt I should give my opponent some warning, so with sheer manliness I stated to her; "I'll be playing AP Yi". She looked back with daggers in her eyes, her words came with a hint of frost. "Do it. I dare you.". A moment of silence as both teams felt the unexpected tension growing over this match. It was on.

The game had started and with a resolute will I bought my doran's ring and went mid. She was playing Caitlyn. The first few seconds could have almost be considered slaughter. In the safetly of her minions and pre-set traps, my opponent used Caitlyn's long range and level 1 boots to harrass me down 200 health before I could even lay a finger on her. I was biding my time, waiting for the right moment. Suddenly I throw a random alpha strike when she seems out of position...she expected this. Firing her net as I alpha striked her, she landed perfectly on one of her traps, trapping me in her face with very little over 180hp. I had a backup plan. Seeing a low hp minion leftover from my alpha strike, I quickly ignited it. It died within a second and gave me my second level. I grimaced with all the hearty happiness that can flourish in a person's soul in the short amount of time it took for me to realise my plan worked. On 80 hp with 48 ability power, I pressed W. I was meditating.

My opponent was taken aback. I was so close to death, yet gripping onto life with every muscle in my body. It was then she realised, but alas it was too late. My minion wave was beating on her the whole time and now squishy Caitlyn was almost dead. I alpha striked and auto attacked for the kill. The words rung in my ears like the feeling of Christmas morning. "First blood". There was another moment of silence. Each team looked towards their captain for some word, some response; some reaction. I felt as the victor, and the male, in the situation I needed to be the bigger person and speak first. I needed to pick my words carefully, to avoid damaging my integrity and honour as a player. I turned to my opponent and looked into her shock filled face as I let her know;
"BAITED! F*CKING BAITED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

My team uproared and we bumped fists a few times. Whilst a few jokes about her now being the virgin and giving up 'first blood' were made (all in good humour of course). We won, but the day ended on a high, everyone felt like it had been a good match, a solid effort from both teams. We congratulated each other, called a good game and noted each others achievements. This is the story of a simple day at a LAN hub. Moral of the story? Be sure to go out to LAN cafes, hubs etc. to play LoL, you'll be suprised how social it gets. If it isn't as social as you believe it should be, then make it so!

Thanks,
Norak.

thelastquaid

10-07-2011

make a tl;dr
because that was not simple.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastquaid View Post
make a tl;dr
because that was not simple.
If you don't want to read it, don't.

Views

10-07-2011

Swag.

I read the whole thing. Swag.

Norak

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Views View Post
Swag.

I read the whole thing. Swag.
I've haven't been on the LoL forums for awhile, what does Swag mean? Is it a new meme or something?

Burz Tarbam

10-07-2011

first blood!

I MAKE IT HAPPEN

10-07-2011

Upvoted for the first blood joke.

Diversae

Recruiter

10-07-2011

Very good story, enjoyed every second of it.

LittleBlueSmurf

10-07-2011

Cool story bro.

RAGESTARVED

10-07-2011

tl;dr: virgin gets first blood on a cait that dives full minion waves

12345 ... 7