Things that bad players believe are OP, but aren't:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If you're defending properly you are going to have at least 2 players in a position to reinforce both top or bot, and completely prevent any attempts at taking mid. It doesn't matter if he's there, because you're still going to be fighting on equal terms as soon as your roamers arrive.

But hey, by your logic Zilean must be the most OP champ on Dominion considering his 100% uptime 55% speed boost.
cause a 55% speed boost beats one that reaches a 100% increase? after about 1.5 seconds of ramp up rammus surpasses the 55% mark, he is the only character outside of globals who is so fast for a period of time that he can reach pretty much any point where help is needed, yes zilean is fast, but rammus can reach point B from point A much faster in regards to dominion if your always keeping 2 roaming in the middle, the ones actually defending are going to go down way too fast for those roamers to really be of help, id prefer rammus being there without even having to be there to begin with, over two people being there "soon" while having to sit in the middle of the map waiting.

roamers also get hardcounter by rammus pretty bad, say rammus comes bot with 2 other people 1 person defending, well 3 need to be there or else bot will go down, they come, rammus's team mates fall back, and rammus bails and crosses the map to finish the push the two team mates elsewhere have started, they kill whoever's defending before your roamers are even halfway there

i dont understand how you dont see the efficiency rammus has for this purpose


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lilaneth

Member

10-07-2011

I think you're mistaking "bad players" for an understandable misconception. Understand that this is only my opinion; I'm not here to attack your point or defend my point.

I think it's quite understandable to feel that a champion is OP when he's 1-2 shotting you and your teammates. I also think it's understandable that certain champs get to that point, and Rammus also seems to be a permaban and a frequent complaint on this map for two reasons:

1. There is no such thing as teamwork 90% of the time if you don't have a full premade that you regularly play with. I have tried, and tried, and tried to work with many randoms. Sometimes, it works. Oftentimes, in return for my efforts to coordinate with at least one player on my team, I receive this response, "stfu noob your bad uninstall kill yourself." I love the internet, I truly do.

2. If I am forced to random some of my team, I have found that 99% of the time (and this is no exaggeration, I assure you) there is at least one player who insists on wandering around doing not much of anything. And here, not doing much of anything means that they are chasing champs all around the map and attempting to backdoor by themselves at the worst time. Essentially, they are bad players. They usually follow #1's reasoning and refuse to work with you at all.

So sure, maybe not everything is OP. But I can assure you that you're not the only good player here. Thought that worth mentioning, since that seems to be your stance. I'm only guessing from the arrogant stance you are taking on your opinion, rather than actually discussing something.

The key here isn't that someone or something is OP. It's not even that everyone's so badbadbad. It's that for a team game, we're sure lacking a team community. Including you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobby

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post
Hey bro, I think Revive is OP.

I use it every game on every champ, and I win considerably more than I lose. Or at least I did until I started getting matched against platinum players regularly. And guess what? Lots of them use revive too. Or are you better and smarter than platinum players too?
Platinum in Summoners Rift is a lot different than, if Dominion had a ranked option and someone was platinum in that.

For example, I was stomping on people who got platinum in solo queue 5v5 last season, in premade 3v3 this season.

So I guess you could call me better than some (key word some) platinum SR players in 3v3.

Just because they can kill minions in one map doesn't mean they are gods at an entirely different map, or know what is best a week after it's released.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobby

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
thornmail is pretty bad, and always was. scaling MR combined with lifesteal renders the effect useless, and the high armor isnt all that effective when someone buys a LW and reaches 49% armor pen.
It's the item with the most armor in the game, and it's cheap as hell.

Of course Frozen Heart, and Randuins are better.

They are also 1.5k more gold.

So on someone who wants a "cheap" source of armor, it's a good pickup. IE. Not Tanky men.

And btw, if you're forcing someone into last whisper because you bought a thornmail, that's a good thing. They could get more effective damage for people on your team not building armor and take them out quicker.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Attero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronky View Post
Platinum in Summoners Rift is a lot different than, if Dominion had a ranked option and someone was platinum in that.

For example, I was stomping on people who got platinum in solo queue 5v5 last season, in premade 3v3 this season.

So I guess you could call me better than some (key word some) platinum SR players in 3v3.

Just because they can kill minions in one map doesn't mean they are gods at an entirely different map, or know what is best a week after it's released.
This is quite possibly the most well thought out post I've read in ages. Compelling, and I'm inclined to agree with what you have to say to a point.

But I will say that it is a fair assumption that people are are better overall at the game in one mode are likely to adapt to another one more quickly than the general population. Of course there will be people who may not be as good at the game but are better at adapting who temporarily surpass those who were better than them though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KommunistKevin

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Holy **** 140 dominion games already, you are a TRUE BOSS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post
This is quite possibly the most well thought out post I've read in ages. Compelling, and I'm inclined to agree with what you have to say to a point.

But I will say that it is a fair assumption that people are are better overall at the game in one mode are likely to adapt to another one more quickly than the general population. Of course there will be people who may not be as good at the game but are better at adapting who temporarily surpass those who were better than them though.
basically he wants to agree but he's afraid his e-peen will shrink if he does


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
When I see players build Thornmail I just laugh cause I'm probably playing Renekton. 0% damage return on physical spells, yo. Spirit Visage, Mercs or FoN takes care of the rest
This is why I'm extremely wary of taking Thornmail. The damage return is really nice against Yi and similar autoattack champions, but it's really really overrated against physical casters such as Renekton or Pantheon.

Additionally, Randuin's Omen is so bloody fantastic that it's almost always the better choice.