Things that bad players believe are OP, but aren't:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Um, that was my point. But a traditionally built Rammus is no stronger than he is on SR. The only reason people are banning him is because of his backdooring, which is an annoying tactic at best.
no?

what makes rammus strong in dominion isnt the mobility to backdoor, its his moblity in conjunction with the open nature of the map and speed shrines that make him so strong in the sense that he can help half his team mates one second and help the other half across the map no more then ten seconds later, no one else can do that like he does outside of global ults, and globals have about 6 times the cooldown, basically imagine your teams on average split down the middle say 2 bot 3 top, rammus makes it so your pretty much always fighting a 4v3 or 3v2, its the way the maps built that makes him strong, powerball has too short a duration to be as strong on sr and tt is more about whos most effective in even ended 3v3 fights

if you dont know why rammus is banned, then your the bad player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Heimer

His traps don't even hurt and it is easy to destroy them while getting focused by his tower, himself, and the turrets.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJack View Post
Lying to prove your point is just stupid.

A. I guarantee more than ONE of your losses involves a team with Rammus
B. You didn't count
C. I don't think Rammus is OP
Yeah, bro. I'm lying. This is so important to me that I need to make sh*t up.

Whatever. Believe what you want, this is me not really caring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
no?

what makes rammus strong in dominion isnt the mobility to backdoor, its his moblity in conjunction with the open nature of the map and speed shrines that make him so strong in the sense that he can help half his team mates one second and help the other half across the map no more then ten seconds later, no one else can do that like he does outside of global ults, and globals have about 6 times the cooldown, basically imagine your teams on average split down the middle say 2 bot 3 top, rammus makes it so your pretty much always fighting a 4v3 or 3v2, its the way the maps built that makes him strong, powerball has too short a duration to be as strong on sr and tt is more about whos most effective in even ended 3v3 fights

if you dont know why rammus is banned, then your the bad player.
A 3 node defense involves defending backdoor points in the middle of the map, rendering anything but a stealth backdoor ineffective. You'd know that if you ever played with competent players.

Players ban him because he's annoying and requires defense and 90% of teams aren't coordinated at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
A 3 node defense involves defending backdoor points in the middle of the map, rendering anything but a stealth backdoor ineffective. You'd know that if you ever played with competent players.

Players ban him because he's annoying and requires defense and 90% of teams aren't coordinated at all.
did you even read what i said? i said backdooring isnt what makes him strong, what makes him strong is that he can be in every fight on every part of the map, at pretty much all times because of the size of the map, the speed of powerball and the speed shrines.

you just made yourself look like a big idiot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seņor Pancho

Senior Member

10-07-2011

the truth:

revive is good on certain champs AND if you have 21 points in utility.

rammus is excellent in dominion because he has everything needed to succeed: mobility, tankiness, aoe dmg and CC. he will work well with any team comp.

thornmail is pretty bad, and always was. scaling MR combined with lifesteal renders the effect useless, and the high armor isnt all that effective when someone buys a LW and reaches 49% armor pen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

haaaaaaaalp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

I think the whole rammus ban is in like with the shaco ban. They aren't OP, they just aren't fun to play against. Rammus dumbs down the game a lot and changes it from a somewhat strategic game into a patroll between point a, b, and c for 15 minutes. Also, you can never truely "counter" a hero with Rammus's playstyle. The absolute best you can do is to have one player stalemate him and hope the rest of your team wins 4v4.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
thornmail is pretty bad, and always was. scaling MR combined with lifesteal renders the effect useless, and the high armor isnt all that effective when someone buys a LW and reaches 49% armor pen.
It's worth pointing out that Thornmail is slightly more effective in dominion since A) Lifesteal is 20% weaker and B) even characters that don't normally use it get some free MPen. It's still very situational though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
did you even read what i said? i said backdooring isnt what makes him strong, what makes him strong is that he can be in every fight on every part of the map, at pretty much all times because of the size of the map, the speed of powerball and the speed shrines.

you just made yourself look like a big idiot
If you're defending properly you are going to have at least 2 players in a position to reinforce both top or bot, and completely prevent any attempts at taking mid. It doesn't matter if he's there, because you're still going to be fighting on equal terms as soon as your roamers arrive.

But hey, by your logic Zilean must be the most OP champ on Dominion considering his 100% uptime 55% speed boost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarthorn

Senior Member

10-07-2011

For once I'm going to agree that it's not the champs that are broken as such.

It's the items.....

Phantom dancer/Zeal stacking = fast champ is now uncatchable

Hextech gunblade stacking = stupid amounts of lifesteal and spellvamp even with the debuff.

All Riot need to do is put a nice little flag on those items saying "unique" and you'll see that the champs in question are not the problem, it's the item stacking that is.

Hextech definatley needs it more than any item, sure they are expensive but have you ever seen a Jax in SR with stacked gunblades? Then you know why it needs a unique flag.